Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spilled soda on Rpsec seats, any suggestions on cleaning? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
A glass cleaner with ammonia will work wonders for pulling out coke, coffee, and tea stains. Get a wet/dry vac or a carpet cleaning machine to pull as much liquid out of the seat as you can... wet the entire area with glass cleaner. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes... suck it out... let it dry (you can use baking soda to speed the process and wick more moisture out)...vacuum... check for stain... if the stain is still there... repeat.

Shaving cream works pretty good too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a pain it was trying to find window cleaner with amonia!!! I also picke up some resolve carpet cleaner. Says it will remove dried stains.

My shop vac isn't very good so it will take some time to dry.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Adams carpet and upholstery cleaner. Stuff is magic.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Also, prevent it from happening in the first place. No drinks except water. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I have heard that if you leave a box of Timbits on your car seat overnight, the stain fairies will come and remove the stain for you...:rofl:

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
I did this the second day I got my car. Have tried just about everything and the stain is still there. It came off the fabric but in the right light you can see the foam is stained.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I did this the second day I got my car. Have tried just about everything and the stain is still there. It came off the fabric but in the right light you can see the foam is stained.
you should try the product i linked above!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wanted to give a little update. The stain is pretty much non existent at this point. A local detailed gave me a top to use dish soap with warm water, rub it in a let it dry and repeat as necessary. The seat however is now slightly darker than it was before in that area but very hard to notice.

Thinking about trying a hot steamer vacuum to restore the color?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Something you may want to try is Scotchgard Oxy Carpet & Fabric Spot & Stain remover. Used it recently to take a coffee stain from a seat belt.

You can find it in the cleaning section of your local Walmart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts