Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
What's your name fatbody?
273 Posts
Thanks.

BTW,

Would love to see a pic of your 04 Goat.

Not to give my age away, but years ago, I had a brand new 68 Goat, Dark Blue.

That was the first year of a completely new body style for GM. It drew a lot of attention.

There was no such thing as a digital camera in those days and expensive to take pictures and have the film developed. So, no pics.:( I didn't start taking pictures of my vehicles until sometime in the mid 70s. I have had a lot of cars. That's why I am poor now.:D

My last count was somewhere around 40.:eek:
That was one beautiful goat you had.

Pictures:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Needless to say, that is one very, very nice GTO you have.

I know it makes your Coupe feel like a pig. Although I would bet that your Coupe handles a bit better.

I had a friend who owned a 2004 GTO in 04 and 05. At that time I had an 04 Cobra. When we would put our cars to the test on rural roads, we were pretty much neck and neck.

My Cobra was fast in the straights but because of that heavy SVT cast iron engine, my Cobra would tend to push through the curves causing understeer.

My 13 Coupe Track handles the same curves with total ease and absolutely no sign of over or under steer. I love it.

BTW, the pic of the rear end shows my 2 meter amateur radio antenna installed on the back window.

Sorry that I hijacked this thread. Guess we should have started an new thread for this. :D

·
What's your name fatbody?
273 Posts
Needless to say, that is one very, very nice GTO you have.

I know it makes your Coupe feel like a pig. Although I would bet that your Coupe handles a bit better.

I had a friend who owned a 2004 GTO in 04 and 05. At that time I had an 04 Cobra. When we would put our cars to the test on rural roads, we were pretty much neck and neck.

My Cobra was fast in the straights but because of that heavy SVT cast iron engine, my Cobra would tend to push through the curves causing understeer.

My 13 Coupe Track handles the same curves with total ease and absolutely no sign of over or under steer. I love it.

BTW, the pic of the rear end shows my 2 meter amateur radio antenna installed on the back window.

Sorry that I hijacked this thread. Guess we should have started an new thread for this. :D

Thank your sir. I still love driving the GTO.
It's your own thread, so hijack away.:D
Love the 03/04 Termi and whine of the blower. Sharp looking Cobra you had and love the color.
Massive antenna indeed. You probably picked up the occasional Space Shuttle transmission with NASA.:rofl:
I've done suspension upgrades (Pedders/BMR) to the GTO, so handling is close between the GTO and GC. The GTO is definitely faster though. [email protected] on street tires.
I absolutely agree with your description of the GC handling assessment. Love driving the GC and it reminds me of the GTO. I rarely see another on the road and she gets plenty of attention/compliments. I'm going to order two sets of the mud flaps and thanks again for posting this DIY thread.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Thank your sir. I still love driving the GTO.
It's your own thread, so hijack away.:D
Love the 03/04 Termi and whine of the blower. Sharp looking Cobra you had and love the color.
Massive antenna indeed. You probably picked up the occasional Space Shuttle transmission with NASA.:rofl:
I've done suspension upgrades (Pedders/BMR) to the GTO, so handling is close between the GTO and GC. The GTO is definitely faster though. [email protected] on street tires.
I absolutely agree with your description of the GC handling assessment. Love driving the GC and it reminds me of the GTO. I rarely see another on the road and she gets plenty of attention/compliments. I'm going to order two sets of the mud flaps and thanks again for posting this DIY thread.
I kept the Cobra basically stock with the exception of painting the interior and a few other aluminum goodies inside and the Cobra sculpture on the grill.

The exhaust system was kept stock because I definitely loved the whine of the Super Charger and didn't want a loud exhaust to cover it up. Even today, when I hear an airplane overhead with one, it gives me goose bumps.

The car I replaced for my Coupe was a 2009 Eos. Due to its folding steel top, I couldn't put my 2 meter antenna on the back window, or anywhere else, for that matter. But, since the coupe is not a Vert, I am considering an install of my 2 meter system on it. Just need to figure out where the radio will go in the interior.:dunno:

Yes, I heard the Shuttle once but wasn't registered to talk to them. I was running 200 Watts on my base station and had a fantastic transmit and receive antenna at that time. They were only accepting transmissions from certain people who had preregistered.

When you get your splash guards, if you have any questions, be sure to post here.

It wasn't a particularly easy install but with a lot of patience, they will look great.

Be sure to jack up the entire rear end at one time. That way, you can make sure your rear flaps are even with each other. I did mine one side at a time and wasn't really sure they were even until I let the car back down after the second flap was installed. I got lucky because both were the same and matched the front ones too.

Based on all of the vehicle modifications you have done in the past, this one should be a piece of cake. Post pics, for sure.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Decided to install my 2 meter Amateur Radio system in the Coupe.

Got the antenna system fully installed today and still searching for a good place for the Radio.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts