Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 872 Posts

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
GenSport Carolinas was started last year with a primary goal of creating opportunities for owners to network socially and explore performance driving environments both competitive and simply for fun. GenSportCarolinas

The Tail of The Dragon is one of North America's most well-known motorcycle and sports car roads. This stretch of highway contains 318 turns in just over 11 miles with no cross-streets. Thousands of drivers come from all over North America and beyond to drive this road every year. The road is covered with professional photographers and nice rides.

On April 8-10, we'll have our Spring Run of The Dragon and would love for each of you to join us. We're all staying at Fontana Village which is nicely located at the start of Hellbender (another nice road) that takes us to The Dragon. Lodge rooms and cabins are available. Home - Fontana Village Resort We'll get started on Friday night (a few of us we'll be up that afternoon for some early driving) and we'll leave around lunch on Sunday.

Last fall's run was a great success and we would like to invite each of you to consider making the trip. We made some great friendships and had an absolute blast driving our cars.

Please click on our club's link below for more details. We'll keep adding additional details to this thread as we move closer to the date.

Here's our site: GenSportCarolinas

Itinerary: Updated as of 3.26.2011

Friday, April 8

3:00-5:00 PM: Check In/Registration – Location TBD
8:00 PM – 9:30 PM Nighttime run of the Dragon *
8:00 PM – whenever - Fireside drinks at the fire pit (BYOB)

Saturday, April 9

7:00 AM: Early Bird Dragon Run led by Obeezy85
8:30 AM: Breakfast in the Bistro (Buffet)
11:30 AM: Cherohala Skyway Cruise - to Tellico Plains and back (break for lunch in Tellico)
6:00 PM: Group dinner (location/cost/menu TBD)
8:30 PM: Moonlight Photoshoot *
8:30 PM: Nighttime dragon run *

Sunday, April 10

7:00 AM-9:00 AM: Breakfast at Deal's Gap
9:30-10:30 AM: Group photo session (Location TBD)
11:00 AM: Farewells and final run to the Helipad.

We could use volunteers to help coordinate some of the events (marked with *) - please shoot a PM to VIRPhan, Moundman, Obeezy85 or myself if you would like to do so.

List of attendees as of 2.24.11:

Updated:
1. Obeezy85+1
2. VIRPhan
3. Enter_Lagos+1
4. DaveC+1
5. GenesisCoupe
6. MoundMan
7. Kmusk01+1
8. RUSSELL+1
9. Soon2bevil +1
10. BJ Bearflight+1
11. Carnut
12. Kid +1
13. Inhale3xhale (tentative)
14. Tufast +1
15. Sieldan+1
16. Civil Servant+1
17. Av8er+1
18. JCSockher (Saturday)
19. LivingDeadGirl (Tentative)
20. Cam
21. CoupdeGen+1
22. Snowowl413
23. Raybuck+1
24. Pmig
25. Fluxcrusher+1
26. ALi12302
27. formsim
28. BoostedPSE+1
29. majikTib (Tentative)
30. Margaritaville+1
31. Cobalt (OBEEZY 85 friend)
32. Bathurst2011 (tentative)
33. Warranty Voider+1

I did a little Mapquest research.

Atlanta: 3.5 hrs
Charlotte: 4 hrs
Greensboro, NC: 4.5 hrs (you guys in ATL are closer than I am)
Nashville: 4 hrs
Lexington, KY: 4 hrs
Birmingham, AL: 5 hrs
Greenville, SC: 3 hrs
Columbia, SC: 4 hrs

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's the current list of attendees. I'll keep this updated. Hoping to get 20+ this spring. Several bring spouses and G/Fs so feel free to bring yours.

-Obeezy85
-VIRPhan
-Enter_Lagos
-DaveC
-GenesisCoupe
-Cam
-MoundMan
-Kmusk01
-Kmusk's friend (also drives a GC)
-Soon2bevil
-BJ Bearflight
-CoupdeGen
-Carnut
-Kid +1
-Inhale3xhale (tentative)
-Tufast +1 (tentative)

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'll be adding some photos of our fall run to this thread for your viewing pleasure.

View from the Cherohala Skyway: More of a scenic drive than a road race, this highway skirts a high-altitude line between the Cherokee and Nantahala national forests. The view from the top is amazing, and the road can be enjoyed at a quick clip when traffic is sparse.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will be fun for sure. When Obeezy and I were driving up the mountain on the last leg of our trip, there were 20 Pontiac GTOs that came roaring down. It seriously gets your heart pumping and palms sweaty.

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
Oh yes I remember the gto's I started getting goose bumps and so so pumped up by the time we got to Fontana villiage.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carnut has confirmed and booked his room. List has been updated.

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
As long as I'm not out of town, i'm down for this. i'm excited :D
book your room fast because they are getting filled quick

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
We are excited to support and work with the GenSport Carolinas!! Wish we could attend and join you guys, but it's too far!!
you could attend with parts i want to get a exhaust manifold, turbo, and cat back exhaust, I want 350whp before the dragon

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
you could attend with parts i want to get a exhaust manifold, turbo, and cat back exhaust, I want 350whp before the dragon
Give us a call and ask for Mike. He has deals for the GenSport Carolina Members. Also we have spoke with Ryan and we are working on the details on what we can do to help and show support :D

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
Give us a call and ask for Mike. He has deals for the GenSport Carolina Members. Also we have spoke with Ryan and we are working on the details on what we can do to help and show support :D
ok sounds good to me i will look into this very soon :D

·
Vroom Vroom...
1,088 Posts
I'm considering making the trip...

I'd love to be back in Knoxville again...

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
I'm considering making the trip...

I'd love to be back in Knoxville again...
I promise you there is nothing to consider this is going to be better then it was during our fall meet.

·
1,322 Posts
Thanks for the support from ARK Performance. We are excited to have you aboard and look forward to the future.

Obeezy. Get the wallet ready and quickly if you want to get there by April. Can't wait to see it if you do.

1 - 20 of 872 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.