Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
481 - 500 of 872 Posts

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
We're thinking about doing something like this for our fall run. Trying to take things step by step. Last fall was the first trip, this spring we've been focused on growing the attendance.

Next fall we'll continue growing attendance and adding opportunties for venders to join in if there's enough interest. Canned tunes is a great option since it can be done on the spot with little to no equipment required, other than a laptop.. Mods such as opening up and painying headlights is also something that could be done with very little equipment.

Stay "tuned" for more info as we begin planning for the fall over the next few months.

·
Trollolol
76 Posts
haaaaa word play

·
Registered
622 Posts
I haven't checked this forum in months!

Even though I told them I was broke by getting a $xxx ticket, it appears that I'm on the list so, I still might show up.

I just need a shelter to sleep under. no bed required. (whos got me?!)

if I do come, it'll be either around 6pm Friday or 11pm~12midnight friday OR 7am the next day depends on when I am able to leave work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just want to say that two weeks from now I will be sitting on the back deck of the Fontana Lodge/Grill watching the sun go down, reading, and drinking gin. Waiting on all my mates to arrive and I can't wait. :D

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
I just want to say that two weeks from now I will be sitting on the back deck of the Fontana Lodge/Grill watching the sun go down, reading, and drinking gin. Waiting on all my mates to arrive and I can't wait. :D
thats going to be exciting!

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
You've got that right.. Looking forward to decompressing..

·
1,322 Posts
Come by cabin 906 whenever you get in. I should be in that cabin, but if not just find my car and I'll be nearby. We'll find somewhere for your ass to sleep.:D
agreed. I only have a 1 bdrm and someone already has the couch but if you need a floor we can arrange something.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was really interested in doing this but I will be back in school. =/

However, I planned a trip here for next week. :cool:

Not to derail if anyone has any advice on other places to drive and such when there please PM me. Im stayin 20 mins south of the road. :D It would be cool to know other roads or places that are sick to visit or take pics.

·
1,322 Posts
I was really interested in doing this but I will be back in school. =/

However, I planned a trip here for next week. :cool:

Not to derail if anyone has any advice on other places to drive and such when there please PM me. Im stayin 20 mins south of the road. :D It would be cool to know other roads or places that are sick to visit or take pics.
WTH? lol The only roads I know of are the ones on the Tail of the Dragon website. Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap

I know they took some good pictures near the Fontana dam and the heli-pad north of the Dragon. Hope you have a good time and be sure to catch up with us on our Fall run.

Where are you from?

·
1,322 Posts
Sounds good to me. Except for the gin that is. Beer is more my flavor. Look forward to you guys.

·
Registered
260 Posts
:point: I agree. Beer has more flavor!

WTH? lol The only roads I know of are the ones on the Tail of the Dragon website. Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap

I know they took some good pictures near the Fontana dam and the heli-pad north of the Dragon. Hope you have a good time and be sure to catch up with us on our Fall run.

Where are you from?
I will be sure to take many pictures!! And I am from delaware. This will be a 12 hour drive for me. This is the reason I want to get as much info as possible.

I checked out the website you posted. Im curious about the police they mention. Apparently there are pretty bad? anyone have experience with this? Should i buy a radar detector lol?

·
1,322 Posts
:point: I agree. Beer has more flavor!

I will be sure to take many pictures!! And I am from delaware. This will be a 12 hour drive for me. This is the reason I want to get as much info as possible.

I checked out the website you posted. Im curious about the police they mention. Apparently there are pretty bad? anyone have experience with this? Should i buy a radar detector lol?
For the most part the police were ok. I think they only had 2 on the Dragon the day I went. I guess back in 2007 they had some major problems with them but not so much now. From what I was told they are pretty strict about crossing the center lines and just plain wreckless and unsafe driving. I think you'll be fine without the radar detector.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
There is nothing up in this area so drivers that come for the road bring much needed money to local businesses. I think the local law enforcement realizes this. I only saw them in TN, none on the NC side.

Fortunately the road is very curvy with few places to pull over so there's little room for them to hide. Additionally, this isn't a high-speed road so you should be able to slow down quickly when you see one around the bend.

Be smart. The Dragon will bight you if you're not careful.

Hellbender is a fun drive. Take the road that cuts off from the start of the Dragon at the Deals Gap Motorcycle resort. It's much faster with more straights and it takes you to Fontana Dam which is a great place for pictures. At the end of Hellbender, you can take a right over the bridge which will take you by Fontana Village where we're staying and you can also follow the signs that will take you to the top of the dam, which you can drive across.

Cherohola Skyway is a beautiful drive as well. It's a longer drive with gorgeous skyline views.

One piece of advice. Do not cross over the yellow lines! This is where you risk getting in trouble or really getting hurt. Not to mention, it's a code for drivers of the Dragon that should be respected.

Have a great time! Perhaps you will be able to join us in the fall.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is nothing up in this area so drivers that come for the road bring much needed money to local businesses. I think the local law enforcement realizes this. I only saw them in TN, none on the NC side.

Fortunately the road is very curvy with few places to pull over so there's little room for them to hide. Additionally, this isn't a high-speed road so you should be able to slow down quickly when you see one around the bend.

Be smart. The Dragon will bight you if you're not careful.

Hellbender is a fun drive. Take the road that cuts off from the start of the Dragon at the Deals Gap Motorcycle resort. It's much faster with more straights and it takes you to Fontana Dam which is a great place for pictures. At the end of Hellbender, you can take a right over the bridge which will take you by Fontana Village where we're staying and you can also follow the signs that will take you to the top of the dam, which you can drive across.

Cherohola Skyway is a beautiful drive as well. It's a longer drive with gorgeous skyline views.

One piece of advice. Do not cross over the yellow lines! This is where you risk getting in trouble or really getting hurt. Not to mention, it's a code for drivers of the Dragon that should be respected.

Have a great time! Perhaps you will be able to join us in the fall.
Also look up Moonshiners run. That's another challenging/beautiful drive as well.

481 - 500 of 872 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.