Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my birthday is coming up in a couple months and im thinking of doing something to my 2.0t ( probly upgrading to 3.8 after lease so dnt wanna do stuff i cant move to new one ) and i was looking into coilovers but they are just so much money ...so i thought springs wld be the perfect alternative to make my car look nice ...will putting springs on rly give my car that much different of a look? and since i am planning on having a genesis for a while will having springs damage any stock parts in the long run? also how much do you think it will cost to get them installed? do i need anything adjusted after ?
thanks

·
Boostin Irresponsibly
839 Posts
Yes, springs will take a toll on your oem parts that's for sure, it does look nice, but you get what you pay for...im learning that the hard way as we speak

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
Springs are a compromise. The ride and handling are worse than stock. Better to leave stock if you can't afford coilovers. I went with springs first and within a week I had coilovers on order. They suck big time. Save your money end go for quality coilovers. have to pay to play.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
If you go with some non-aggressive springs then you will be fine. Something like the Progress or Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs are just fine and you will not see any ill effects. :)

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I've had the Eibach pro-kit for almost a year and have zero issues. And the car looks so much better, even lowered the small amount that the Pro-Kit lowers it (approx 1.0-1.2")

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
i have 120000 miles on my Tein's and i have no issues at all and i have done some track time and a lot of hard driving on them

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Do springs like the Eibach Pro-Kit improve handling?

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Yes, sir they do. :)

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
i have noticed a improvement in handling with my tein's

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Tom posted exactly the same thing I was going to.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone needs coilovers.

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
i have a 2.0t RSPEC, what makes the suspension stiffer than the base/premium? springs or the struts...or both?

i ask b/c i want to just lower the car a little..whats the lowest i can go without putting the stock strut under abuse?

wheels i'll add are going to be 20's, if it matters

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Hey gmal, prefect solution for you, buy my oem struts with pre assembled sport line springs on them. You don't have put your own struts at risk. tool also be saving some time and money by not having to disassemble your oem struts. Just bolt on, bolt off.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Suppose I track less than 5 times a year, would I go with pro-kits or buy coilovers anyways? Are the pro-kits any better than the track suspension?

Aside from this question, do people with coilovers use it as an advantage to raise their car as high as they can 'if' they were driving it in the winter?

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
^^ To answer your question, the Pro-Kit springs are indeed better than the OEM track springs in regard to lowering your center of gravity and overall handling capacity.

Also, I can honestly say that I never raised my coils for the winter. With that said, I do not suggest essentially "lifting" your car because your car will not handle very well.

·
That Guy
421 Posts
^^ To answer your question, the Pro-Kit springs are indeed better than the OEM track springs in regard to lowering your center of gravity and overall handling capacity.

Also, I can honestly say that I never raised my coils for the winter. With that said, I do not suggest essentially "lifting" your car because your car will not handle very well.
I have to agree with this.
the non-RSPEC cars really seem to benefit from the pro-kit the most.
the RSPEC cars I have seen with the pro-kit still had a marked improvement.
add some roll bar and anti-sway bars and your golden :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts