Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen videos on other models..but not the Genesis. Did a search and could not find anything. Can someone post a link/video of one being installed in a Genesis coupe?...,or how to remove the gas pedal..lol...I'm just paranoid I might break off the gas pedal..lol.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Its super easy, remove the one bolt on the bottom of the gas pedal mount then slide the whole thing up and it comes right off. Unplug the wire from the pedal and plug in the Sprint booster in between the two. Then just reverse to reasemble. My booster isnt even visible it just looks like part of the wireing, the controler wire i just tucked under the center console as I just leave mine turned all the way up on race 9 but its easy to just pull the controler out if I have a reason.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Its super easy, remove the one bolt on the bottom of the gas pedal mount then slide the whole thing up and it comes right off. Unplug the wire from the pedal and plug in the Sprint booster in between the two. Then just reverse to reasemble. My booster isnt even visible it just looks like part of the wireing, the controler wire i just tucked under the center console as I just leave mine turned all the way up on race 9 but its easy to just pull the controler out if I have a reason.
How long is the cord? For example, would it reach from the pedal, behind the center dash (along the firewall), and into the glove box?

·
3point8 Performance
2,628 Posts
super easy install. The cord on the potent booster is long enough, not sure about the spring booster.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely going to try this mod. I keep reading how it does nothing for acceleration...however I disagree with this. If the throttle body plate is opening immediately and getting rid of throttle lag when you stomp on the pedal...and is improving on the revs dropping between shifts...then this tells me it must be making the car quicker...not just " feeling quicker"???

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,445 Posts
I think these devices are the epitome of releasing or enabling all the HP but not actually making any more.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think these devices are the epitome of releasing or enabling all the HP but not actually making any more.
Red..you tried a bigger throttle body and I believe removed it?...as did I. What I noticed when I tried the bigger tb was improved throttle response, not needing to push the pedal down as much to get up to speed and faster revs. I know that the tb adds hp/tq, and the booster does not. With the booster installed...does it give a similar sensation as having a bigger tb installed?
Thanks

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,445 Posts
Red..you tried a bigger throttle body and I believe removed it?...as did I. What I noticed when I tried the bigger tb was improved throttle response, not needing to push the pedal down as much to get up to speed and faster revs. I know that the tb adds hp/tq, and the booster does not. With the booster installed...does it give a similar sensation as having a bigger tb installed?
Thanks
I cannot get the larger TB to work as it limits boost to 10 psi when it throws the code. That being said....

The larger TB is most noticeable at high rpm (+4000) whereas the throttle booster is most noticeable at low rpm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts