Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: Hi I recently went to the local tireshop and asked them for a front 225/40/19, back 245/40/19 wheels setup with new rims. They sadly didnt only had 18Rims in stock and recommended me to run Square 225/45/18 setup instead.

Is the 225/45/18 square setup gonna work alright or will I have any issues like ECS and stuff?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The coupe is designed to run a staggered set up so running a square set up is going to trigger the T.C.S. unless you shut it off every time. 225 is kinda narrow, why not go slightly wider?
Its what the tire company recommended me to run based on their information from Hyundai, Ive been testing it for a day now and so far with no issues or warning from TCS. Guess the real test will be during slippery roads.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah I did that last year. ABS and traction control would always kick on. Running 225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 in the rear. Will come on occasionally but only on hard pulls.
I run 235/45 front 255/45 rear. Fits mostly flush without being too far inside the fenders. Anything over 80mph TCS usually needs to be off or it won't accelerate right. Tire profile matters, 235/40 and 255/40 had less winter traction but no TCS issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I have been talking to the tireshop again and they apologized for not realising the tyre sizes would interfere with TCS. They ordered me 2x 245/45/18 tires to swap for what they sold me to go on my current rims. 10/10 would buy their tires again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts