Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Gencoupe FTW!
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a buddy of mine just totalled his rspec so i drove from northern ny to southern ohio to get him.. and strip it :) will the stock rspec brembos bolt up to my car and 18" rims?? Also i took his intercooler, wideband, beyond redline upgraded turbo, full exhaust, 550cc injectors and short throw. Just wanted to throe the rest of my score in.. but will they fit?? My only real concern. Also got his pa flasher for all his mods to. Thanks guys.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
brakes fit perfectly, OEM 18" are not a problem.

isnt his insurance company going to wonder why the car is missing all kinds of parts?

·
Registered
900 Posts
So a buddy of mine just totalled his rspec so i drove from northern ny to southern ohio to get him.. and strip it :) will the stock rspec brembos bolt up to my car and 18" rims?? Also i took his intercooler, wideband, beyond redline upgraded turbo, full exhaust, 550cc injectors and short throw. Just wanted to throe the rest of my score in.. but will they fit?? My only real concern. Also got his pa flasher for all his mods to. Thanks guys.
You get all his parts for free damm lucky guy...you would need the paking/dusting plates in the rear for the REAR BREMBO to fit on your car!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
pretty sure you'll need to resend the PA flasher module back for it to work with your car.

·
209hp/280lbs tq :)
3,280 Posts
^wont work base model ecu and rspec vary little but its enought not too and as for the rotors there 13.4in on the brembos and 13 in the back i believe

·
Gencoupe FTW!
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^wont work base model ecu and rspec vary little but its enought not too and as for the rotors there 13.4in on the brembos and 13 in the back i believe
Cant i send it to beyond redline and hand them flash it for my car and mods for a fraction of the cost?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Well.. its not my insurance company.
I tried to do the same thing, but my insurance company claimed ownership before the car left the tow truck. Was only allowed to take my exhaust of which i had to go threw the appraiser to get that.

Even if i could strip it, they'd just find the cost of each part and take it out the payoff.

if your able to pull this off without the insurance company caring, I'll want the name of that company :hello:

·
Gencoupe FTW!
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried to do the same thing, but my insurance company claimed ownership before the car left the tow truck. Was only allowed to take my exhaust of which i had to go threw the appraiser to get that.

Even if i could strip it, they'd just find the cost of each part and take it out the payoff.

if your able to pull this off without the insurance company caring, I'll want the name of that company :hello:

Lol it wasn't my car or my insurance company, so i'm going to make out regardless. I didn't drive 1200 miles for nothing!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
If my car gets totaled, I definately want it back since all my mods will be worth more than the car was new.

·
Former GenesisCoupe Owner
856 Posts
Don't forget the rearend! It has an lsd!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If my car gets totaled, I definately want it back since all my mods will be worth more than the car was new.
my insurance had no problem letting me take my mods off, as long as i had the oem to replace it back.

Something about having a problem paying a write off assuming the car was stock yet missing parts. :hsugh: Pretty sure leaving the car on bricks with no diff brakes/wheels/exhaust/and engine parts would lower the appraisal just a tad :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts