Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m having issues with my clutch and I need to replace it, I can’t find a decent priced stock clutch anywhere. I found a stage one spec clutch kit that I can afford but was curious if I need to change anything to go stage 1? I would like to be able to just replace the clutch and not have to do anything else but if I do any ideas what else I would have to change?

·
Premium Member
15,170 Posts
on this car, when you change the clutch, always change out the throw out bearing.

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Hey guys I’m having issues with my clutch and I need to replace it, I can’t find a decent priced stock clutch anywhere. I found a stage one spec clutch kit that I can afford but was curious if I need to change anything to go stage 1? I would like to be able to just replace the clutch and not have to do anything else but if I do any ideas what else I would have to change?
SPEC's clutch kits require their aftermarket flywheel as well. Most kits do NOT work with the stock dual mass flywheel in the coupe.

From Spec's site:
These clutch kits fit our flywheel only. However, the flywheel will accomodate the factory clutch or SPEC clutch. The SY38S is a lightweight, single-piece billet alloy steel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts