Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys are running on your settings 1-15 front & rear...I was at 8 front & rear lowered about 1" after driving it around like that for a while I had thought about stiffening it up a bit bec it seemed to bottom out a bit to easy for my liking. Over the weekend I took it to the canyons & as soon as I got back I took it another 3 clicks to 11 & haven't touched the back yet. After driving it for a couple days I wish I would have done it sooner! Now just curious what settings most others are using, thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just installed mine and just adjusted last night from 8 front and rear. I'm at 6 front and 5 rear, I'm aiming more for ride comfort. Feels good so far

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That makes since, I'm going more for performance than ride comfort because it isn't my daily driver.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else?

·
Forever Mirin'
662 Posts
Settings will not be the same depending what sway bars your running. I'm running cusco front and rear with 9 clicks front and 0 rear.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have stance ss and here's a super nooby question. turning left (clockwise) is softer and turning right (counter) is stiffer.... right?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i have stance ss and here's a super nooby question. turning left (clockwise) is softer and turning right (counter) is stiffer.... right?
You will notice when you turn it one direction it is harder to turn then the other direction

Harder to turn = making the suspension harder
Softer to turn = making the suspension softer

As for the numbers, I presume higher the number = harder the suspension?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I am running 8 / 8 but I get a lot of bounce in the front suspension and feel the crappy work the road people did. I presume I should go with a lighter setting?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it still feels like it bottoms out fairly easy in fairly small dips & when hitting a corner hard if there's any small bumps in the turn when the suspension is loaded.. Any suggestions?

·
losses control easily
1,408 Posts
So it still feels like it bottoms out fairly easy in fairly small dips & when hitting a corner hard if there's any small bumps in the turn when the suspension is loaded.. Any suggestions?
Feels like it's bottoming out in the back? Do you have the pre-load on the spring set properly in the rear?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Feels like it's bottoming out in the back? Do you have the pre-load on the spring set properly in the rear?
No, the back is great. The front feels like it's bottoming out.

·
losses control easily
1,408 Posts
Do you have traction and stability control completely off when you notice this? I say this because stability control may feel like bottoming out when that particular brake is engaged and you feel the pulsing feedback from the abs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have traction and stability control completely off when you notice this? I say this because stability control may feel like bottoming out when that particular brake is engaged and you feel the pulsing feedback from the abs

Sometimes it's turned off, others it's not. Bit it also happens when your going straight & hit a bump, you feel the suspension compressing than bang it hits...

·
losses control easily
1,408 Posts
I havent noticed that at all with mine. Im not slammed though. Occasionally when hitting a hard bump it almost feels like its bottoming out but i think that is just more a factor of impact rather than compression. Im set to 8 or 9 in the front and maybe a click or 2 softer in the rear. I mentioned stability control before because i thought i was rubbing or bottoming out on hard corners only to realize it was the stability control kicking in.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not really slammed ether, only dropped about an inch...:dunno:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
wait, you are only lowered an inch and bottoming out at 8 clicks? When i first installed mine they were at 7f and 9r. The fronts are pretty low, i have maybe an inch left before they are maxed out and have never bottomed out.

Do you have spacers on stock wheels or aftermarket with low offsets? Maybe you're just getting some serious rubbing action. Most springs go lower than an inch and when i had my eibach springs i still never bottomed out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stock wheels no spacers...right now its on 10-11 clicks up front. It sure feels and sounds like it bottoms out. I just spoke with stance and e-mailed them some pictures. so hopefully well get it figured out before my new wheels and tires come in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts