Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,624 Posts
Does it matter for the model? Transmission? That would be helpful. Like i found the sweet spot on the gas pedal where it feels I'm getting great pull rather than mashing the gas. But if I can improve response whoooo that'd be great
No both modules have a setting for auto and manual trans. The newer one has even more settings I believe.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,624 Posts
It does not command 100% and leave it there unless you keep your foot to the floor. It will decay at a faster rate the lower your setting. It does not just proportionally increase the voltage per unit of pedal movement.

Try it before you say it does nothing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That is true i would need to try this unit out
Hmm got me intrigued enough to check what is the OEM / stock throttle absolute position vs throttle pedal position vs RPM

Once i have time ill post log, maybe an owner of this device can do the same to compare.
Cant just buy this device to check due to limited budget

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,624 Posts
It's only active when the pedal is moving. The lower the gear the bigger the effect. In it's most sensitive setting a very small movement at the pedal will bump TP to the 85% (WOT) immediately.

Once you get use to it you find yourself using a lot less pedal travel.

I've found it sensitive to the air temp with it being more touchy the colder it gets. I have to back off to a lower setting this time of the year from what I run in the summer. That may just be my car though.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,107 Posts
tros is cheap. return it if you don't like it. you won't return it...
Right? Even if it isn't a technical improvement, it sure is a blast.

If above is true then this is exactly why i don't see this as a worthy upgrade as it basically cheats and simply changes the pedal sensitivity to give you perception of better response.

In my view this should work like this:
- I want 70% Gas pedal and 70% throttle body opening
- Device gives more current to get the TB valve to that 70% *faster* but does not cheat by going further (i.e 100% TB opend)

If its working like you described (opens throttle more for same throttle pedal travel) then its no different than changing i.e. potenciometer you only make care less controllable as you rob yourself from throttle pedal 'resolution'

*note this is assuming the ECU is opening throttle with 1:1 gas pedal relation

*fun fact I have the same thing factory OEM in opel corsa 1.4 liter, they made the beginning of throttle pedal curve very sensitive to give it a *perception* of a quick car, but once past this 'sensitivity' bump - is just flat on its face...

VERY annoying behavior
This Pchelka guy seems picky and a little judgey. Look, you could easily get it on your doorstep, install it, test it out for an hour, uninstall it, and send it back all in the same day should you find it "(Un)Worthy".

I mean, you're seriously overthinking it. What's this crap about the module "cheating"? Dyno tuning and throttle mapping are cheating by your narrow definition. And since when is any frivolous car mod "worthy" anyway? Are you a race car driver? Does your child's livelihood depend on your Genesis Coupe having only ethical mods? Relax a little, Sir! It's a toy to play with for us normal car guys. No different than buying an exhaust for sound, or different tail lamps for style.

And as I said before, and just like your soul-crushing Opel, it does increase throttle sensitivity to give the impression of more power, but the reason it feels like more power is that it does so via reducing the throttle plate's response time. This can definitely increase your vehicle's off-the-line and corner-exit performance. But in all fairness, if you set it to max in high performance mode it is very touchy. Perhaps even mildly dangerous in wet weather. It's ok if you don't like it. I doub't anyone here would hold it against you.

It's just kind of silly to criticize a cheap easy fun mod with mostly glowing satisfied reviews considering you've never tried it. LOL, buy one, and then you can justifiably tell us all how stupid we are ;)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts