Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

STAY AWAY from PARAMUS HYUNDAI SERVICE! SCAMMERS!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  titan2782 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give my fellow members a warning about Paramus Hyundai!

My passenger side low beam went out recently, and since I get my oil changed at the dealership (for convenience), I asked them to change out the bulb. When I went back to pick up my car they told me the whole headlight assembly was ruined and that it wasn't just the bulb. I would have to replace the harness which doesn't come separately and I would have to buy the whole unit for $600.

Something smelled fishy and I'm not a complete car noob, so I told them to hold off.

A couple of days later, I replace the bulb with a new one, and it works fine. It's been working fine for over a week and a half now.

NEVER trust them.

#2 ·
Always do due diligence. Unfortunately a lot of mechanics aren't technical enough to solve problems like you describe so take the sledge hammer approach while others don't care enough to spend the time and will take the sledge hammer approach and then others will just rip you off telling you to spend $600 while they replace the $5 bulb and pocket $595 from you.

Always question them, even if you don't know anything. Make them explain it clearly and multiple times if necessary. It's your car and your money and you have the right to know wtf they are trying to sell you and why. If it doesn't make sense, tell them. Be blunt, don't be nice! Had the dealer tell me it would take 4 hours to install a pulley set. I told them that was ludicrous and if it takes more than 30 minutes to get a new mechanic, but I will pay for 2 hours as a premium for me not wanting to do it. I left and not 15 minutes later they called and said it was done (and they still billed me for 2 hours!)

Critical that everyone have some knowledge or learn how to ask a million questions to help avoid getting ripped off. If it smells fishy, it is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.