Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently swapped out my suspension for BC br coilovers. Every since doing that, when hitting speeds of around 65 mph my steering wheel begins to shake. To it to a shop to get an alignment and they said the alignment was fine. Not sure what else is causing it.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Go past 65mph and hold it at 70mph plus .Just kidding ,what AKGC said .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found alignment specs were the problem for me with this. Eliminate the obvious of wheel balance and warped rotors first. Then consider taking at least 1degree of castor out of the factory specs down to 6-6.5 versus factory 7-8. The steering is way more lively and responsive too and no more 65mph vibration. Also recommend a race/speed shop for the alignment as I've had far too many bad setups at cheaper places.

·
Premium Member
14,814 Posts
Found alignment specs were the problem for me with this. Eliminate the obvious of wheel balance and warped rotors first. Then consider taking at least 1degree of castor out of the factory specs down to 6-6.5 versus factory 7-8. The steering is way more lively and responsive too and no more 65mph vibration. Also recommend a race/speed shop for the alignment as I've had far too many bad setups at cheaper places.
How did you do that?

Caster isn't adjustable, unless you tweak the k-member, stock.... unless you have aftermarket control arms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alignment shop originally rigged some of the connections with spacers etc to get the caster reduction. Now doing it via Parts Shop Max coilovers that were recently installed and have a high range of adjustability for caster and camber through the adjustable top hat. So worth the money!

·
Premium Member
14,814 Posts
On mine, the tires were slightly out of round.

I pump all 4 to about 38 psi in the spring.
Pretty sure the hotter summer temps helped.
Haven't had the need to run it over 70+ mph, but anywhere below that it's fine. Maybe an almost unnoticeable vibration closer to 70

These are Hankook ventus evo "whatever the newer version is". I don't blame the tires, I blame the tire shop for storing them stacked on the treads for too long.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
:grin::grin:Don't go past 64 mph .:grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts