Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,763 Posts
If you really want to find out if it is a tire and wheel problem....

Jack up the rear and start the car up. Run it up to 40-60 or so while watching. If none of the rears are wobbling doing this then swap the fronts to the one rear side that is easiest to spin and try them back there.

If it's bad it will visibly be obvious in the air when spinning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
But my question is if the steering wheel shaking can come from the back axle ? Tires i think not because i change tires many times and one time better and one time not. i think the tires are not the problem, i find out that winter tires make it better but why? I think the tires like winter tires are softer and they reduced it but what do they reduced?

·
Premium Member
16,356 Posts
But my question is if the steering wheel shaking can come from the back axle ? Tires i think not because i change tires many times and one time better and one time not. i think the tires are not the problem, i find out that winter tires make it better but why? I think the tires like winter tires are softer and they reduced it but what do they reduced?
Have you gotten a wheel alignment recently? I have a strong feeling that its toe related

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes i have made many times a wheel alignment but nothing changed.
Translation:
Vorne = Front Wheels
Hinten = Back Wheels
Links = Left
Rechts = Right
Vorher = Before
Nachher = After

Font Parallel Pattern Number Paper

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Lots of good ideas and possibly causes already mentioned. If I was close to you I would loan you my perfectly balanced O.E.M wheels and tires just to eliminate that as the cause, but you've probably already tried that.
The only thing I can offer is if it's a vibration it has to be coming from a rotating mass, wheel, tire, brake rotor, driveshaft. I know all this has already been tried, very frustrating. The only other variable I can think of would be the road condition or debris (mud or snow) stuck to a wheel.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
In the off road world sometimes a steering damper is installed to reduce shock from the tires being transmitted to the steering wheel but I've never heard of anyone needing or wanting to install a steering damper on their genesis coupe. Just another idea.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@ lvdukerider no vibration steering wheel makes left right moves very fast. So you have not the same? Can you please check something for me at your car?

Please Look at this video

Here the link to the video: WhatsApp Video 2021 11 19 at 12 48 36

It starts at 0:20 Seconds

you hear a noice if you move the steering wheel.

I would be interested because you don't have a shaking steering wheel if you make the same noises when you move the steering wheel as you can see in the video. so I could possibly narrow down the error further.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I checked and I do not have that noise or any type of free play in my steering wheel.
Possible somthing loose, worn, or damaged in the steering column, mabey a coupler or attachment point. I know modern in modern cars the steering column is designed to collapse in the event of a accident, could the column have been damaged either in a minor accident or some other type of impact?
For reference mine is a 2014 ultimate 3.8 with auto 8 speed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you, no there was no accident.
the sound comes from the right side straight from the steering gear box. But I have already exchanged this for another and the noise was still there or a little quieter and has become louder again over time. that is very odd ?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So we found the noice from the video i make in the steering column. it seems broken I ordered a new one but have to wait.
I hope when we swap it the steering wheel vibrations will be gone. I hope........

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hello again, so I found something else. Happy New Year to all. Start the engine, when you stand and turn the steering wheel, you don't hear anything. But if you stand, dont drive and you go above 1500 rpm ore more and move the steering wheel, you will hear a screeching noise from the power steering pump. Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It sounds like the belt is just slipping, either a worn belt, belt tensioner, or contamination (oil or coolant). With a helper when its making noise spray a small amount of silicone spray lubricant on the belt and see if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
it comes not from the belt. It comes out the servo pump but its a screaming noise. you hear it only when you standing go above 1500 rpm and move the steering wheel left and right. I dont know it this normal. I make a video you can find here:

i dont know if this normal ?!

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,763 Posts
What PS fluid and how long has it been in there? It seem Hyundai went the Pentosin stuff to address pump whine. Could be the problem.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,763 Posts
There is not much to a PS pump. So it might be a bearing in it. They are easy to rebuilt if you have the skills and can get the parts.

Make sure to look over all the hard lines as they are pretty easily damaged. May be pinched or crushed somewhere?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts