Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a magnaflow catback and a chance to steal (not literally) a stillen catback,
i was looking to get some info or advice on which is better and is it worth switching out?

both have 2.5 in piping, the magna has 4 in tips while the stillen has 3.5, the stillen has 2 mufflers the magna 1, both have x pipes...

thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not sure performance wise, or which is really better. But i will say that the stillen is pretty loud, especially once you get on it. Just accelerating in 6th gear at around 55-60 to around 70 is pretty loud still, enough to vibrate the steering wheel. Pretty decent amount of drone if you like it, i do.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you heard the magnaflow? would you be able to say which is louder?

Not sure performance wise, or which is really better. But i will say that the stillen is pretty loud, especially once you get on it. Just accelerating in 6th gear at around 55-60 to around 70 is pretty loud still, enough to vibrate the steering wheel. Pretty decent amount of drone if you like it, i do.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I've heard that the stillen drone is HORRIBLE in daily driving. But I don't have either one, id get the magnaflow if I were you.

Sent from my MB611 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
have you been able to compare personally or do you just like it better by stats?

thanks

I like magna flow better

i have the magnaflow and its not as loud as i hoped but does still sound real good, fits great, and gives a good look to the rear...but i can get a stillen for next to nothing so im questioning which is better.

I've heard that the stillen drone is HORRIBLE in daily driving. But I don't have either one, id get the magnaflow if I were you.

Sent from my MB611 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Heard both in person.

Magnaflow has a nice rumble. Big canister means there's little drone. I find overall it's very quiet when you're not stomping on it, and you get a mild grunt in low RPMs. I don't find it aggressive.

Stillen has a smooth sound down low, good midrange bellow and screams up top. Many thumbs up from other GC drivers and even my boss /w a Mustang on the Stillen.

Stillen does drone but it's not enough to bug me in daily driving...... 6 months later and I still drop the windows to hear it better :) Automatic trans drones worse than manuals. I find a sweet spot around 65mph/120kph and it quiets down.

If you have Auto Trans and are worried about highway drone, stick with Magnaflow.
If you want to sound a little more aggressive and don't mind the drone, grab the Stillen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats awesome man, thanks for the info.
ive got the 6sp manual so it sounds like i should grab that stillen, lets just hope i still can.

Heard both in person.

Magnaflow has a nice rumble. Big canister means there's little drone. I find overall it's very quiet when you're not stomping on it, and you get a mild grunt in low RPMs. I don't find it aggressive.

Stillen has a smooth sound down low, good midrange bellow and screams up top. Many thumbs up from other GC drivers and even my boss /w a Mustang on the Stillen.

Stillen does drone but it's not enough to bug me in daily driving...... 6 months later and I still drop the windows to hear it better :) Automatic trans drones worse than manuals. I find a sweet spot around 65mph/120kph and it quiets down.

If you have Auto Trans and are worried about highway drone, stick with Magnaflow.
If you want to sound a little more aggressive and don't mind the drone, grab the Stillen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts