Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
This guy
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock Hyundai Genesis Coupe horn kinda sucks. It reminds me of a VW Beetle. Tiny, and rather girly. Even when locking your car, it sounds wimpy. How would one go about replacing the horn with something a little more manly, even subtle? Where could you buy new horns? All help is appreciated. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Google air horns. Probably have to add a relay and some wiring to get it to run off the stock horn button. Had a set on my 1969 Mini and they worked great.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah this horn kinda sucks and sounds so cheap.

I usually jut rev my engine if I need some idiot to not hit into my car, bc the horn is too embarrassing lol

·
This guy
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Google air horns. Probably have to add a relay and some wiring to get it to run off the stock horn button. Had a set on my 1969 Mini and they worked great.
I'm not looking for a Train horn or anything. If you've ever heard a Lexus ES350 being locked, then you'll know what I mean.

·
This guy
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I usually jut rev my engine if I need some idiot to not hit into my car, bc the horn is too embarrassing lol
I agree. It sounds so much better to just rev it. What, do you put it into neutral and rev it? You gotta tell me how you do that when you're going 55mph.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts

Yea, if Hyundai really wants to be taken seriously, they need to start with a real horn. :rofl:

·
This guy
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess what I'm looking for is to change the sound when locking the car with the keys. :O

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I bought the Hella Horns. From Rallysportdirect.com They were only 65 bucks and they are 118 dbs. I havent hooked them up yet i'm having a hard time finding some wires to finnish the wiring. I have heard them and they sound alot better and louder and just cleaner. I def. recommend them.

Ps. If anyone knows how to finnish the wiring let me know

·
Registered
544 Posts
Go to your local junk yard and get a horn off of a old NA big boat. A Caddy, Buick, Olds or any of those cars that had real horns

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Absolutly one of the easiest installs ever guys come use common sense please!
It's like a 6 or 7 beer job seriously!
First, have a beer, Take your front bumper off, have another beer,take wire cutters, unbolt the stock horns and cut off the harness clip. Bolt new beautiful hela horns on, stop have a beer, admire them for just a minute, the connect positive with positive, negative with negative, step back have another beer, call your gf over ask her what she thinks. Sneak to your steering wheel, hit it, watch her jump, laugh your ass off, have another beer, put the bumper back one, finish up with one more beer!

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Absolutly one of the easiest installs ever guys come use common sense please!
It's like a 6 or 7 beer job seriously!
First, have a beer, Take your front bumper off, have another beer,take wire cutters, unbolt the stock horns and cut off the harness clip. Bolt new beautiful hela horns on, stop have a beer, admire them for just a minute, the connect positive with positive, negative with negative, step back have another beer, call your gf over ask her what she thinks. Sneak to your steering wheel, hit it, watch her jump, laugh your ass off, have another beer, put the bumper back one, finish up with one more beer!

^^If that's a 7 beer job, I really like how you work...LOL I would like to see how many beers a turbo swap would take..:rofl:

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Turbo swaps, well that can vary, rough estimate I'd say+ 20-28 maybe?

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Keg would be nice too
Btw werebear- you spoiled hell out of your kid! 626/mx-6/probes are my favourite cars ever! I owned 9 of the things lol

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts

1 - 20 of 43 Posts