Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 738 Posts

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After seeing the bluetooth debug screen thread that I posted pics in earlier, I decided to do some poking around to see what else I could find.

After a day or two of playing around, I've managed to get the stock nav to execute arbitrary code.

Here's a little hello:

and a vid to prove that isnt photoshopped or something:

If anyone here is experienced in windows ce development, I'd be happy to hear from you. Drop me a PM and we'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
I knew it. I suggested it a while ago, when someone else was saying that theirs was throwing out win error messages.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Awesome progress! I'm a SW Dev, but don't normally work with (and generally hate) WinCE. At least it's an OS we can work within, though!

I'd love to see the backup camera idea work now that we can access this device more in-depth! I'd like if we could get Gauge information from the car (OBDII port, for example) up on there, and I wish I could get TomTom (currently I use it for my iPhone) on the stock Nav too!

Anyway, awesome work. Care to post the process you followed to do this?

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to see the backup camera idea work now that we can access this device more in-depth! I'd like if we could get Gauge information from the car (OBDII port, for example) up on there, and I wish I could get TomTom (currently I use it for my iPhone) on the stock Nav too!
Similar to my wishes. I think we must have canbus access since the stock navi debug screen knows current vehicle ground speed and gear. It also seems to get tach information.

Anyway, awesome work. Care to post the process you followed to do this?
Thanks. And I likely will be soon. However I'd like to spend a few days playing around with it first. Id like to have something more useful (AMOS breakout minimum) before I start telling people to run code on their navi.

·
Registered
979 Posts
very cool work! looking forward to what may be coming next!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Similar to my wishes. I think we must have canbus access since the stock navi debug screen knows current vehicle ground speed and gear. It also seems to get tach information.
I was thinking that as well... Hey, quick question: I've been that that "Diagnostic" screen in your image above - I got there from the settings menu on the Nav and holding down 1 finger? 2 fingers? On the globe in the view with the satellites... My question is what is the real/exact process to get to that diagnostic screen? I usually just wing it until it works, but never know exactly what does it.

Thanks. And I likely will be soon. However I'd like to spend a few days playing around with it first. Id like to have something more useful (AMOS breakout minimum) before I start telling people to run code on their navi.
Understood. It's awesome news and as much as I dislike working with it, I may be able to come up with some stuff for WinCE. We'll see...

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, quick question: I've been that that "Diagnostic" screen in your image above - I got there from the settings menu on the Nav and holding down 1 finger? 2 fingers? On the globe in the view with the satellites... My question is what is the real/exact process to get to that diagnostic screen? I usually just wing it until it works, but never know exactly what does it.
'Click' and hold on the globe, avoiding the satellites. It should take 3 or 5 seconds.

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
No, It's not a Tiburon.
412 Posts

·
Lime Rock Green
342 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Too much family guy? Not!! Glad to see someone local on here. I'm from Suffolk myself, and lived in Portsmouth quite a few years.

Hoping to see something new on this navigation system. I've thought of swapping it out later this year, but if someone can find some stuff we can use to make it better, I am all for it.

·
If u don't kno, now u kno
1,605 Posts
this is EXACTLY what I wanted to see....mmm....backup cam compatibility, DVD playback, customizable UI maybe? gauge readouts? haha...we're gettin' somewhere now

Reactions: Micfireball

·
NDA 380GT
437 Posts
Or if we can get the upper display to show something more useful or fun, like trees killed per mile. I think TomTom used to run on top of Windows CE.

1 - 20 of 738 Posts