Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did i hear somewhere that the stock wheels of the Genesis are heavy as hell?
Anyone got the figures?

If so, the best performance mod, regarding bang for buck, would be to get lighter rims and tires.
The rotation forces on only 1 kg on a wheel in speed are really to take to account.

I think i read somewhere that 4 kg per wheel would be equivalent (approximately) as having two or three full grown passengers extra in the car.

·
Premium Member
15,158 Posts
the stock wheels are just as heavy as any other stock alloy wheels from almost any other car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the stock wheels are just as heavy as any other stock alloy wheels from almost any other car.
- I weighted my 19" winter wheels (allround tires) on this car yesterday, almost 29 kg each. That sure is heavvier than the winter wheels from my Audi´s and BMW´s in the past.
The summer wheels that is on the car right now, i have´nt weighed them yet.

·
Premium Member
15,158 Posts
- I weighted my 19" winter wheels (allround tires) on this car yesterday, almost 29 kg each. That sure is heavvier than the winter wheels from my Audi´s and BMW´s in the past.
The summer wheels that is on the car right now, i have´nt weighed them yet.
Forgot you're in euro country.

Most US domestic stock alloy wheels are about the same weight or heavier :p

·
Registered
970 Posts
I just put monster wheels on mine. Check out SSR, any of their three piece wheels are as light and as strong as you can get. But be forewarned. As your post saying says,....it will cost you.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
756 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just put monster wheels on mine. Check out SSR, any of their three piece wheels are as light and as strong as you can get. But be forewarned. As your post saying says,....it will cost you.
- Cost is´nt funny. I will try to find cheaper ones if possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
392 Posts
Where are you seeing the weight on these? I can't find it in the ebay link you posted and can't find anything on the manufacturers website. If it's true and they only weight 18 lbs then the price seems pretty good from my perspective. In fact they even allow some bartering so I could conceivably get them even cheaper. Just want to know they actually weight 18 lbs so if you can tell me how you determined that I'm already interested.

·
Registered
85 Posts
tire rack has the weight of most wheels.ENKIE RPF1's are lightest , i think followed by OZ allergerita 19.5 lbs. If you get OZ they come w/wt. tag down to the gram.This is in 18'' x8.5 I was always put off by the how big a wheel thing when I looked at corresponding wt. , but to each his own. OZ makes the f1 wheels for some teams, so I never worried about quality. They are TUV approved.

·
Premium Member
15,158 Posts
I wouldn't want to cheap out on CF wheels....

CF isn't as strong as you might think, especially when heat is involved.

What most reference as being stronger than steel, for CF, are thermal plastic CF.

·
Registered
85 Posts
tire rack groups wheels lightest to heavy, by price, by size so you can choose what is most important. don't carbon fiber wheels come on new mustang ?I wish i could remember what magazine said they cost . & hey, good luck at tire shop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have TSW Nurburgring wheels. They are forged aluminum and much lighter than stock. I can really feel the difference when driving with them on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts