Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Stolen 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Black

6K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  GenCoupeGeek 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi my car got stolen last night in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Its a hyundai genesis coupe 2011 black 2.0T, inside black leather, 18 inch mags
If anybody have any ideas of how i can find my car, or have seen my car please contact me via PM asap.
The window wasn't broken, no signs of damages, do anyone know if its possible to steal this car easily or was it like professionals

#6 ·
LOL but thats not funny. He has a good point though how the hell do people steal modern cars nowadays???

Did they have the keys? lol

#8 ·
Also wherever it was parked check with the local businesses or see if there are any cameras around that could have caught these people...why do people steal cars, seriously.

Also are there any specifics that could pin your car out if it was for say at a dealer? Scratches, custom work, etc?

#10 ·
Hey, sorry to hear about your car. if I where you I would do a kijiji search for it and craigslist and see if you find any parts or rims or even the car itself on there majority of times its some lowlife who steals it for fun or something. but other times it can be as u said pros who will take it and chop it for parts and what not. just make sure you refine your search look in 300km distances to see if you see a 2.0t 2011 and if you see anything suspicious then report it. honestly my friend found his trek bike that way when it was stolen some guy had it for sale in ottawa and we live in toronto. best of luck my friend.

#12 ·
Moving to General to help get some better exposure. OP, please post at least 4 more times to be able to send and receive PMs. I am removing your phone number as that will attract spam and other telemarketers from web crawlers to your number. I would rather members PM you if they have any info. If you have any pics and or can provide as much detail as possible, that would help.

#14 ·
How do you steal a car with a start button? I was always wondering that, I'm sure you can hotwire it the same but how do you get into it without breaking the window? Don't tell me that works just as easily as it does on a lock and key car too!

#18 ·
luckily in quebec (and all of canada as far as i know) insurance is required by law and most banks wont give a loan unless new replacement value is taken for the first 3-5 years of a new car purchase.

i hope you find her and pray that it isn't damaged when you get her back, but rest easy knowing you're covered here in Quebecistan.

#20 ·
Wait... what? It's Canada... not NYC... I'm sure someone just borrowed it... yanno like they do bikes in Amsterdam and they'll bring it back soon. Ya'll do that up there, right?

#21 ·
lol. :werd:

#24 ·
My signature not withstanding, but the best anti-theft device is a manual transmission. Seriously, if they are joy-riding your car you DO NOT want it back. You want the insurance company to declare it a loss and pay out. If the police find the car it will probably be abused in a number of ways. If it was professionally stolen it is all parts by now anyway. I am not sure that a Gen Coupe has much of a parts market, but I could be wrong.

#26 ·
check with the richland county sheriffs office in ohio, 419-524-2414....they stopped a jeffrey smith, of Smith Designs, an alleged body shop owner... in such a car on 7/20/15....this guy wheels and deals in stolen parts and cars, he had a ficticious registration to the vehicle...maybe yours? Doesnt hurt to check. Ruth Schwan

#30 ·
do you think stolen cars just stay in canada? they are sold in all countries, including the USA. I put stolen 2011 black genesis into search engine and this is the only one that popped up. I know the jerk who just got stopped in a car like yours with a ficticous registration...and since he steals customers cars and sells them and or parts them out, its not unreasonable to assume he bought this under the table...seeing how he cant afford one of these unless its stolen. Hes under investigation by the feds, sheriiff, and state here because of his doings, and I make it a mission to track him like the thief he is.

#31 ·
Cars in Canada aren't really stolen... they just get borrowed. The person really should have left a note though. It is only polite to let folks know so they can plan around the event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.