Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently took my car into a different dealership for an oil change, than the one I normally take it to, and when I got it back my car started making this buzzing sound. It literately sounds like a buzz saw when I go from 3k to 4k rpm. After that the sound goes away. If I'm not in gear, there is no sound. Like, when there's a lot of movement in the engine, then the buzzing sound rears its ugly head and pops up! I'm guessing there is something loose. Maybe the oil pan? Wastegate cover? Something is rattling. Iono. All I do know is that it's bugging the hell out of me. It's not a quiet sound and I'm embarrassed to even go up to 3k rpm because that stupid sound pops up. Anyone know what this could be? Has this happened to anyone else's car? I called the dealership and those idiots have all but washed their hands of having done anything wrong. Fml. =(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like wastegate rattle. When I installed my catback, the rattle was amplified; but its hard to tell without a video.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try and get a video up asap. Thanks guys!! =)

·
158 Posts
While the buzz is happening, grab your rear view mirror.

I had a psychotic mystery buzz a while back and it ended up being said mirror -___-
Went away after putting on a Broadway mirror.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts