Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i have a strange rattle when my engine is cold idk if i should be concerned about it. It's not the aggressive timing chain rattle you can hear from worn out tensinors or chains, the noise completly disappears when the engine is warmed up (ca. 5-10 min).
I can hear it when i rev it up to ~ 1900-2000 rpm it is not really loud (i have to turn off everything to hear it) , and i would say its direct behind the middle of the center console.
So far, i've removed the heatshield from the manifold und bent the heatshield from the cat. But the noise is still there.
Could it be a throw out bearing or something like that?
i hope someone can soothe me.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you made a video , someone might be able to help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, you can‘t hear it on Video. A local mechnic told me, that the tappets could make this kind of noise. It’s completely gone when my engine is warmed up. My car has good oil pressure (when warm 1,2-1,3 bar at idle and 4-5 bar when you Drive) so i guess it’s normal...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same scenario here but everyone has told us bad Exhaust VVT Gear, did your problem persist? Check Engine light on after 1 week or so of this noise here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The noise still exist. I am currently at 95000km. Ich will take off the valvecover to check the valve clearence and the timing chain at 100000km. The noise is also noticable when you shift at 2.5k rpm and the rpm drops. No cel, nothing, i bet thats normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts