Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about the best $30 you can spend if you fight traffic everyday like we do in Orange County. These also look great through the RMR Grill. We are going to install these on one of our Genesis Coupes here at the shop and might look at offering a full install kit down the line.

Solleci Supertone Dual Round Horn Kit Universal 12V Red (Pair)

(1 High And 1 Low Horn)

Universal Fitment - Wiring not provided.

$29.99

Rhys Millen Racing Solleci Supertone Dual Round Horn Kit

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
Once you get it installed I'd love a sound clip or video. I've been looking for new horns. I was thinking about the train ones for fun

·
then the turbo kicks in..
268 Posts
Do want!!!

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
Thanks! I will most likely be buying these tonight lol. As far as wiring goes... Anyone have practice with these?

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
Thanks! I will most likely be buying these tonight lol. As far as wiring goes... Anyone have practice with these?
i hate stock horn and for this $ i'm interested..... just like to see someone make a work through on how to install this first

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
There's already a DIY on the forums in the DIY subsection. It's not very hard to install.

I have these horns and they are definitely very loud.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We spent our Thanksgiving installing the Supertone Dual Round Horn Kit on our Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the RMR Carbon Grill and 2011 Subaru STI.

Genesis Coupe Install time takes about 1-2 hours.
Front bumper needs to come off for easy access.
Using a mix of the provided and OEM brackets to desired position.

And yes, these are about 5x louder then stock.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is there a difference between the Solleci brand and Hella brand, or are they the same? I'm finding that one is about twice as much as the other, so just curious before I buy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same function on both brands. I installed these on my STI over the weekend and are happy with the sound. The Hella are the name brand so slightly higher quality in finish.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
:B
856 Posts
just got my solleci horns today, and noticed that while the supertone hella horns come with a relay, these don't. any reason why that is?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Are these the same sound as the hella? For $30 it'd be a nice thing to ask for from one of my girls that I don't see very often for xmas. The Hella one's aren't too bad.

Anyone got a video of both at the same time, on the car? Also interested why one has the relay and the solecci don't.

·
856 Posts
Is the relay required? Because id really rather not buy a relay thata going to cost me more than the horns did

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I would run a relay since these horns most likely draw more amp than the stock one. The car might already have a separate relay and fuse already I I remember correctly but I wired the relay anyways since it came with it

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I would run a relay since these horns most likely draw more amp than the stock one. The car might already have a separate relay and fuse already I I remember correctly but I wired the relay anyways since it came with it
You bought the sollecti and it came with a relay? From where?

·
856 Posts
Well you've already got them, can you wire them up and try them? lol
i'm not electrically savvy at all (it took me about 9 hours to install my damn boost gauge) so i was just going to follow the DIy for the supertones. however the supertones come with a relay. which is why i want to find out if it's necessary, and if not, i need to find out how to do the install without a relay

·
856 Posts
^ wait what, yours came with a relay?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts