Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 Premium that the previous owner installed RS Performance coilovers on. I suspect by the lack of any kind of information I could find that they are crap. Further, I contacted the company for the documentation for their product and I was told to search youtube for generic videos. They're not convincing me of any pride in their product.

So, luckily the stock suspension was in a box in the trunk and I will probably put that on. The ride on these coilovers is maddening, it's set really low and clearly for looks and not handling. The tools weren't included nor do I have any documentation and I need to get this car riding higher so I can put on my snows.

I want to end up with something just a bit under stock height, and I see the Bilsteins with Eibach springs are a popular fit. Holy cow that's a pricey setup. So now the dilemma. If I went with BC coilovers since it seems they are also a popular setup, that would be a few hundred dollars cheaper than going with the Bilstein combo, and Teins are nearly half the price.

I trust the people here that the Bilstein combo is a good setup - FWIW I'd be looking at the Eibach Pro Kit for a subtle drop but I find it a little backwards to pay extra for something I can't adjust. I'm in a position I can't spend a lot of money right now but I need to change my suspension. Springs are cheap. Do I put the Pro kit in now which will kill my OEM shocks prematurely and get the Bilsteins when they die or live with stock ride height for now and go with coilovers later so save money in the long run? And then what about those Teins? Any better than the RS I have now?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I think the reason for the cost difference is the quality of the product. If the cost is a issue right now I would just go with the stock parts that you have for now until you can afford what you want, at least you have that option. Coupes look good lowered when done tastefully and correctly but its a low car to begin with, only 1.5 inches if travel from what ive read here, so personally i question the wisdom of lowering a already low car with a limited suspension travel for road use but thats just me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts