Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of swapping my broken 2.0T engine for another 2.0T engine out of an R-Spec. I need to swap my entire clutch, Flywheel, and Pressure Plate over. I think I understand the disassembly process quite well, but was curious what needed to be done for realignment? Do I need a tool for alignment, and if so, where can I find one? Also, does anyone know if a good DIY for the 2.0T for this process? I have found generic guides but nothing specific to this car.

Thank you in advance.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,451 Posts
Most places that sell the clutch package for the Gen Coupe also have the alignment tool. How many miles on the clutch? I would seriously consider a new clutch, pressure plate and slave cylinder/TOB.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
76k miles

I sadly just don't have the funds for replacing it right now after purchasing the engine, so that's not an option. I wish I could. Would a parts store (Autozone, Advanced, ect) have them you think? It is universal or specific to our car?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I just spoke to a Dealership, and according to them I can use a generic/universal alignment tool... truth to this? If so, where can they be obtained?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I looked for the part number on Hyundai's website and nothing. Or is that the number for the Super Motors site?

Edit: Just saw Super Motors is just a image hosting site... can you give me a link to where you took this screen capture?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts