Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some switchbacks from Diode Dynamics, but they haven't been working correctly. When the headlights are on, and I turn my signal on, they stay on for too long (the length of this varies). This problem is less obvious when my hazards are on than individual turn signals, which leads me to think it's power-related. Otherwise, the switchbacks work like they're supposed to. Video of the problem here: Switchback Flashers WITH Headlights - YouTube

When I put my stock incandescents back in, I noticed that while the headlights are on, the turn signals blink from bright to dim, and not to off. Perhaps since i switched to LEDs, the low power setting is just marginally enough to keep the lights on slightly longer than intended.

I've been talking to Nick at DD, and I know I'm able to return the lights, but I really want to fix these so they work - I love how they look! Has anybody else seen this problem before? Do you think I can fix this by adding resistors to the circuit? Where would I add them?

Thanks for the advice =)

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Do you have the resistors installed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh. Hmm. I had forgotten about that option. No, I bought the flasher module to fix the hyperblink, so I hadn't messed with any of the turn signal circuitry up to this point. Do you know how many ohms the resistors typically used are? I was planning on trying 3 ohms on each side, but I'd rather know for sure first =)

I think I forgot to mention, these are the stage 2 LEDs with the CF13 flasher on a 2010.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Oh. Hmm. I had forgotten about that option. No, I bought the flasher module to fix the hyperblink, so I hadn't messed with any of the turn signal circuitry up to this point. Do you know how many ohms the resistors typically used are? I was planning on trying 3 ohms on each side, but I'd rather know for sure first =)

I think I forgot to mention, these are the stage 2 LEDs with the CF13 flasher on a 2010.
if you have the module, it shouldn't be an issues. Do you by chance have a Multimeter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't, but I have a couple engineer friends I'll be able to borrow one from.

It's not hyperblinking that's an issue, the flasher resolved that. It's either the low power signal while the headlights are on, or a bad ground, and I'm pretty sure it's not the ground.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
I don't, but I have a couple engineer friends I'll be able to borrow one from.

It's not hyperblinking that's an issue, the flasher resolved that. It's either the low power signal while the headlights are on, or a bad ground, and I'm pretty sure it's not the ground.
That's why i was curious if you have a DMM, so you could measure the voltage.

Its possible the the flasher itself is at fault, or a billion other things.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently bought some switchbacks from Diode Dynamics, but they haven't been working correctly. When the headlights are on, and I turn my signal on, they stay on for too long (the length of this varies). This problem is less obvious when my hazards are on than individual turn signals, which leads me to think it's power-related. Otherwise, the switchbacks work like they're supposed to. Video of the problem here: Switchback Flashers WITH Headlights - YouTube

When I put my stock incandescents back in, I noticed that while the headlights are on, the turn signals blink from bright to dim, and not to off. Perhaps since i switched to LEDs, the low power setting is just marginally enough to keep the lights on slightly longer than intended.

I've been talking to Nick at DD, and I know I'm able to return the lights, but I really want to fix these so they work - I love how they look! Has anybody else seen this problem before? Do you think I can fix this by adding resistors to the circuit? Where would I add them?

Thanks for the advice =)
Hey my friend! Did you ever get this figured out? I was literally about to place my order for the stage 2's but then saw this. I'm not at all ok with this happening so I figured I would ask for an update if you could provide one. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts