Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased and installed the 6,000k HID kit from DD and my next project is switchbacks so i can have a uniform look with my headlights. Compared to the HID kit install, how hard is it to install the switchbacks, keeping in mind, i'm not good with cars at all lol

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
switchbacks are a very simple install just take out stock bulb put in new bulb , don't ahve to mess with wiring or anything

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
easier to just change your flasher relay

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
with resistors you will have to splice them into your wiring harness with a flasher relay all you need to do it swap them

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I've been holding off on the switchbacks because I don't want to use resistors and I'm not sure which flasher to buy to replace the original. If you figure out which flasher relay works with them, let us know.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
The relay is simple to replace...to find it, turn on your flashers and listen for the clicking. That's the relay switching on and off.

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
only fix to the 2013 hyper blink is the resistors. Which are very easy to install.
The team at Diode Dynamics will even walk you through it on the phone.

·
Registered
616 Posts
2011 here. installed signal switchbacks and have hyperblink :(

talked to DD and have the flasher module (EP34) on its way to fix it.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
2011 here. installed signal switchbacks and have hyperblink :(

talked to DD and have the flasher module (EP34) on its way to fix it.
Thanks! I may pull the trigger on some LEDs then. They just never seem to have all the ones I want in stock at the same time though. I think they stock three of each bulb!

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Yes, extremely easy.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
2010-2012
Replace flasher relay with either a cf13 or tridon ep34

must use resistors

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok cool. I'll definitely be doing this, hopefully in the next week or so, once this stupid snow melts. Hate western pa weather lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just dropped mine down to see and its the ep34, had no issues with the switchbacks or led bulbs in the taillights, cost me a whole $7 at autozone. I had to run the resistors in my V and wasn't happy about it but nothing else worked. Its not hard to find, just look slightly left of your brake pedal and there it is, easiest way is to undo the clip and leave the old one there..I think its welded on LOL, just plugged the new one in and no more hyperblink

1 - 20 of 23 Posts