Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cranky old bastard
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My passenger side tail light lens is cracked on my 2014 Ultimate. Trying to decide between a replacement OEM light (that may not match my two-year old driver's side), or a set of cheaper lights. Either way would probably cost about the same.

The only ones I've found that I like the looks of are these, but I've read that the fitment and quality are hit or miss.

I'm not crazy about the lower "swoop" on the BK2's; it doesn't match the rear lines IMO. Those that I linked to with the straight bottom seem like they would blend much better.

or...

Is it possible to find just the lens, and replace it with a little work?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The stock LED tails are one of the little features I really like about my 14 ultimate, I dont think your good one would be that faded after just 3 years. Even if it was a little plastic polish on the old one and a little time on the new one should even them out pretty quickly.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
822 Posts
Funny that your's cracked. How did your's crack? Mine did too for no reason. Just over time and BAM, one random day I see a huge crack across the whole middle. I was actually in your spot looking at tail lights and just ended up getting the OEMs. They are a little pricey but the LEDs are just too nice to pass up. The ones you posted are a hit or miss but they do look nice overall. If you don't like the OEM style, I would just order the other ones. Cheaper and you like the design more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts