Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to install my spyder taillights i just got. I watched the install video to remove the stock taillight but for some reason they wont come out. I removed all 4 nuts but it still seems like something is holding it. I have a 2010 coupe. I dont know if that makes a difference between a 2011 or 2012 or not. Someone let me know if im missing something please. I feel like an idiot lol

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
What do the Spyder taillights look like?

·
212 Posts
Figured I would post my question on this related topic.

So i just bought some tail lights from kspeed, the manufacturer is in Korea(obviously) but it came with two female connectors within the back of the light, one is the same size that connects to the male clip on the car, but the other is a smaller connection.

The product also came with these two black looking box things that clearly connect into the female smaller clips in the new lights.

the problem i'm having is that my reverse lights are not working. the reverse beep works still when i put the car into reverse, but the lights are not turning on. (even when the second connection w/ the two black boxes are connected)

has anyone had this problem? would love some feedback if possible.

Cheers,

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
Figured I would post my question on this related topic.

So i just bought some tail lights from kspeed, the manufacturer is in Korea(obviously) but it came with two female connectors within the back of the light, one is the same size that connects to the male clip on the car, but the other is a smaller connection.

The product also came with these two black looking box things that clearly connect into the female smaller clips in the new lights.

the problem i'm having is that my reverse lights are not working. the reverse beep works still when i put the car into reverse, but the lights are not turning on. (even when the second connection w/ the two black boxes are connected)

has anyone had this problem? would love some feedback if possible.

Cheers,
This may sound basic, but...are the bulbs in the lights? Superlux sends new reverse bulbs with their lights that are not installed, thus my reasoning.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
The Spyder uses the same harness that is on the OEM. The parking lights/brake lights are LED, the backup and the turn signal are standard bulbs. I replaced my reverse lights with 10W Cree High Power LEDs and installed 80 SMD Amber LEDs for the turn signals. If he did the same, I would check polarity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts