Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the trunk filing up with water and taillight condensation? And how to fix this issue? Please help....

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,781 Posts
Yes. The factory seals allow dirt to build up and lets water in. I use tape across the top. Some use sealant but beware if you ever want to take the light out again. They make a removable sealant meant for house caulking that comes off easy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
remove your taillights and double the original foam weather strip and water will never get in your trunk ever...5$ fix

·
Registered
18 Posts
dealer...aftermarket..there are a few alternatives.

Looks like the problem is a combination of thing:

1.gasket is leaking in upper spots.
2.Gasket is holding the water on the bottom of the light, allowing enough water to collect and overspill into the light itself and the trunk.

New gasket is a must. A drain hole/cut out in the lowest point of the headlight will help too. This way if water will do get in there at some point and the lower portion of the gasket is still holding, water will just drain and won't overflow into the light opening or trunk.
New version of Spec-D tail light I got to replace my old water damaged ones had just that, a rectangular cutout....good idea if you ask me

Green shaded area in the pic is where the cutout should go, just big enough for the water to drain...nothing more.

s-l1600-11.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you have warranty tail light seal is covered. But they wont get rid of the water that's in there! I though it was still leaking, turns out they left 2 inches of water under my spare that leaked into the cabin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts