Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm shopping around for a new car, and I really like the GC on paper. A bit of background: I drive a fair bit since I am an outside salesman, and I do thoroughly enjoy autocross. I'd be looking at buying a 2013 2.0T R-Spec.

I went for a "test drive" this week, and was thoroughly disappointed with the car. The test route was terrible, speed limit 35 and the sales guy didn't seem too interested in letting me really feel the car. I know the car has a soul somewhere, I just never got to feel it. In his defense, the car was in break in period, and it wasn't a good route for a test drive. Also, I'm told that you can't find an R-spec sitting on a lot to test drive, so it was a 2.0T base model.

What I'm looking for is someone who will let me ride shotgun for a little and show me what the car is all about. Someone who will actually let the needle on the center console go above 0 psi. I'm based around Worcester MA, and I don't mind travelling to come to you. This car is sexy as can be on the outside, please show me how sexy it can be to drive.

·
xFa
446 Posts
id be down to scare you if i lived in MA. fun car, hope you get the chance to ride in one that is driven to the edge :D

·
your doing it you'reself
1,036 Posts
why don't you go back to the dealership, and tell the salesman that you are going on the highway, once you're both in the car.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Anyone see that video were jeff gordon takes a test drive in a new camaro and sales guy doesnt know its him and he goes balls out drifting lol...If not go watch it thats what you need to do to that sales guy lol. Also a side not these cars need to be at 160 degree oil temp before you really feel the turbo pull takes a good 10-15 min of driving.

·
111 Posts
The car is whatever on normal roads, my sales guy was cool though- I knew the roads so I told him where I was going to drive instead of a pre-detirmined route. I got to open her up on the highway which is why I bought the car- nothing like a highway on-ramp for that 30-100 MPH rush. I am pretty sure he was actually scared though because he mentioned it more than once lol.

Try a different dealer there are plenty of them in New England.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts