·
NOOB
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
NOOB
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nope! I'm just a customer, but I wrote the FAQ on Alec's behalf as friend.

Reactions: Wrimik13

·
Premium Member
2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
34 Posts
I was saving up for a remnant kit then Jason Riddle offered me a tk 6266bb kit for half of its original price.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
update Thraxbert [u r no longer NOOB imo lol] My tk 6266 kit is on the way. ima follow ur lead on this build. for rad did you need to move or fab anything or did it just mount right up? hard to find a csf in stock rn. pretty sure kit comes with oil cooler but not sure about trans cooler. do you have a pic of where you mounted these? have you decided on meth injection yet?

·
NOOB
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The CSF mounts right up, but it does eliminate the OEM loop for the automatic transmission cooling. So now you'll need to run an external trans cooler. Both my trans and oil coolers sit behind and above the crash bar. Oil on the passenger side, trans on the driver side. I use CPE rubber braided nylon 8AN hoses for oil, and 8 AN PTFE braided steel hoses for the trans. Each cooler is 19 rows.

Afaik TK kit doesn't offer a trans cooling option, but the AT holds lots of power if you keep it cool. RP does sell an AT cooler kit now, which would work for any AT gen. Or you can just DIY it by making the lines, buying a cooler, and cutting open the rubber lines from the trans for barb-to-AN fittings.

I might go meth later on, but I won't tune for it. It's dangerous for your tune to rely on meth as pumps can fail, check valves can stick, solenoids can break, etc. So I'd progressively inject meth with boost for engine cooling, but won't have the tune rely on its octane modifier.

My next experiment is to re-tuned for e50 fuel at 8 PSI.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Thats good advice. Im going to be following in the footsteps of Gaijinn with his trans cooler setup. Put it behind fog light and add a fan. Likely same for oil cooler opposite side. As for meth yeah just like you said for cooling, and also for cleaning intake valves, progressive with boost. Likely going to stay rich enough tune for 93. I like to take road trips and almost all gas stations have 93 on tap.

·
NOOB
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah, I'm only tuning for e50 because I don't road trip on my gen. I have a DD for that.

I didn't stick them in the wheel wells because I didn't want to deal with wiring up new fans. My gen has a wide mouth opening on the OEM bumper, so tons of airflow.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Yeah i just ordered wide mouth grill. I like the look. And even NA these 3.8s run hot. I got mesh for the fogs too but i want to keep my foglights so im just going to cut out the small section of fake mesh and put the real stuff in. Then if i have enough left im going to open the factory hood vents and mesh them too.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts