Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Severed member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-- There is a review of the 2013 GC in the local rag today. I thought I would share; nothing special really.

The Daily Drivers: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Hyundai introduced its Genesis coupe in 2010 as a traditional rear-wheel-drive performance car for the budget-minded. Since then, the carmaker has refined its design philosophy and given the 2013 Coupe styling and horsepower updates — for both 4-cylinder and V-6 models — to keep pace with the rest of the Hyundai line.

Reviewers have the same complaint: "Our real problem was with the stiff manual transmission. We found it too easy to throw into the wrong gear and never really felt comfortable with it."

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Gripes about the manual seem pretty common, but not an issue with all reviewers.
I look at it this way: NOBODY expected this car from Hyundai, and the original Genesis made a lot of people notice. Now after just a few years on the market, Hyundai gracefully accepted the criticisms and addressed the common complaints with a big horsepower upgrade, re-tuned suspension, and a frankly amazing (in that who would have expected it) 8 speed automatic trans. I'm more than sure they'll address the manual trans soon, as they're clearly serious about the performance market.
I bought my Genesis because this car reminds me so much of the muscle car resurgence of the late 80's and early 90's, with the 5.0 Mustang and 5.7 Camaro/Firebird. You got a lot of car and a lot of content for the money, and possibly more than any other single car out there.

·
Severed member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gripes about the manual seem pretty common, but not an issue with all reviewers.
I look at it this way: NOBODY expected this car from Hyundai, and the original Genesis made a lot of people notice. Now after just a few years on the market, Hyundai gracefully accepted the criticisms and addressed the common complaints with a big horsepower upgrade, re-tuned suspension, and a frankly amazing (in that who would have expected it) 8 speed automatic trans. I'm more than sure they'll address the manual trans soon, as they're clearly serious about the performance market.
I bought my Genesis because this car reminds me so much of the muscle car resurgence of the late 80's and early 90's, with the 5.0 Mustang and 5.7 Camaro/Firebird. You got a lot of car and a lot of content for the money, and possibly more than any other single car out there.
I agree 100%...

I also believe that the GC presents us with a huge bargain in performance. I too love the way it looks, and it's what peaked my interest on the GC at first.

I had originally wanted a g35 or g37, but when comparing payments, the GC won out. Not to mention how well you can mod them. You can get the same performance at a much lower cost including the mods. Now that I have had it, I even like the body of the GC better, although the G35/7 will always have a better interior and accoutrements; but that's what you pay for.

Well stated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts