Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DYNO Tuning - Nashville, TN - August 2013​

I have been working with Bill Wolf @ BTRcc about a Tennessee tuning event and we have enough interest to push it to the next step. The location will be in the Nashville, TN area to make it as accessible for as many people as possible.

Pricing will reflect the special pricing current being offered.
$550 for cars with basic bolt ons
$650 for cars with injector changes
$750 for cars with turbo upgrades, nitrous upgrades, or any other MAJOR changes.

Extra ECU's can be provided by BTRcc for those who would like to retain their stock ECU untouched.
3.8 = $360
2.0 = $260

DATE: Tentative, August 17-18, 2013

1. Brandon Sanders - 2013 2.0T M/T
2. Terry Heston - 2012 4.2T A/T (stroker kit & sleeved tune)
3. Marshall Milligan - 2013 2.0T M/T
4. Todd Fillingim - 2012 2.0T M/T
5. Eric Ellis - 2013 2.0T M/T

Dyno Fee: A flat fee per car will be charged for dyno operation (1hour per car) + wideband. Once a dyno location and shop has been selected we will have more information, but anticipate $100. This will be charged in addition to the prices above.
*Extra hours may be needed for vehicles with major changes such as Forced Induction V6 GC's (extra hours will be calculated at $80/hr during the event).

Deposit Due: Estimating a June deposit due date. Deposit will be half of the tune price plus the full dyno fee (e.g. $550/2 + $100)

You may join the Facebook event to quickly receive future updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/330434617068283

Interested:
- (MMX)
- GenCoupeGeek
- volume1216
- cdubel01
- Kenny Smith
- challmark

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Sign me up.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
Lemme put it like this... If BTR can't release any info on the 3.8 tunes they've done/doing then my money is staying in my pocket.
and from my pocket straight to SFR!!

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your disinterest is noted, I think? Unless that was a request for info, then you're going to have to be more detailed with your request.

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
Yes that was a request for more info lol theres very little info/results for 3.8s out there ESPECIALLY for the '13s

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll see what I can get from them next week. Unfortunately, there aren't that many 2013 3.8 getting tuned. I looked through the Ohio event coming up in April and I don't see a single 2013 3.8. Most people who are concerned about the power get a 2.0 :p

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
If the 2.slow doesnt have a turbo swap then they'll still be looking at my... tails :)

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol - think you can make up the 70wtq difference with your extra 10-15whp?

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
LOL thanks. I'll DEFINITELY be at this event. Just not sure if I'll be getting a tune or not yet. Plenty of other events between now and then to see some results.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I may come by and gawk!

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are two BTRcc events in April, one in Ohio and one in Chicago. I believe they were setting up an event at one time in Washington, which will be before the Nashville event.

The Ohio event filled up with the maximum of 18 cars. We really don't want to push further beyond that, especially since we'll have a 3.8T at the event that may require more dyno time. Due to potential time constraints, they may restrict the numbers of tunes to 16-18 so it will be first come, first serve by deposit.

This is just my planning and idea of what will take place. BTRcc may have a different plan.
Here is the 2013 3.8 tuned on stock engine.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
Any updates on this? Becoming more curious to see if I can work something out with my schedule.

Wanna come down to Birmingham or Atlanta by chance:D?

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I'll see what I can get from them next week. Unfortunately, there aren't that many 2013 3.8 getting tuned. I looked through the Ohio event coming up in April and I don't see a single 2013 3.8. Most people who are concerned about the power get a 2.0 :p
That's because the 2.0 is so low on power stock.:D

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
While what you say is true... keep in mind the highest whp 3.8 would only be #4 on the GenCoupe heavy hitters list. 2.0s with Stage III tunes and 20G turbos are typically in the 350-400 whp range and the investment is far less than the $6.5K investment in hardware plus about $1K for the tune to get a 3.8 to yield the same output. There are no canned tunes available for the 3.8 FI except as part of a kit. For now, there is no FI option for 2013 which would mean that anyone going this route would be forging new ground. The .5 tune that is currently out for the 3.8 yields only about 20-25 whp over stock, and $$'s per whp is astronomical in comparison to gains that can be made with the 2.0T. I would venture to say the only reason why Hyundai doesn't provide a better tune for the 2.0T is because they could not justify the premium price of the 3.8.... so they provide a lesser tune to artificially create a market distinction for the 3.8. Fact is that a 2013 2.0T with a $550.00 Stage I tune is going to yield almost as much whp as the stock 2013 3.8... but you will have paid anywhere from $8-14K more for the showroom bragging rights. :D

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
While what you say is true... keep in mind the highest whp 3.8 would only be #4 on the GenCoupe heavy hitters list. 2.0s with Stage III tunes and 20G turbos are typically in the 350-400 whp range and the investment is far less than the $6.5K investment in hardware. There are no canned tunes available for the 3.8 FI except as part of a kit. For now, there is no FI option for 2013 which would mean that anyone going this route would be forging new ground. The .5 tune that is currently out for the 3.8 yields only about 20-25 whp over stock, and $$'s per whp is astronomical in comparison to gains that can be made with the 2.0T. I would venture to say the only reason why Hyundai doesn't provide a better tune for the 2.0T is because they could not justify the premium price of the 3.8.... so they provide a lesser tune to artificially create a market distinction for the 3.8. Fact is that a 2013 2.0T with a $550.00 Stage I tune is going to yield almost as much whp than the stock 2103 3.8... but you will have paid anywhere from $8-14K for the showroom bragging rights. :D
I didn't (and don't) plan on doing anything to the engine of my GC. I bought the car that has the HP that it has. The GC is a beautiful car, but it is a terrible platform to mod. The aftermarket for this car is, by far, the worst of any car I have ever owned. People who want to mod are forced to deal with vendors who are shady and products that are substandard because that's all that is available. Anyone who buys this car for "bragging rights" is going to end up disappointed and selling the car for a car that an aftermarket and the potential to be fast. Once again, I love this car, but most of what people on here do to their cars does nothing but devalue the cars.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
eh. It's never good to make blanket statements. BTR has been and continues to be a very reputable vendor. As far as the size of the aftermarket, I would agree that it could be better. With that said, I have no complaints because I know that there is a small aftermarket because the Genesis Coupe is a low volume production car... meaning that I can still drive down the road and get "the stare" because I am driving a car that isn't every other car on the road. Given the limited number of cars in the United States, I'd say we have a respectable aftermarket. With regard to the statement that I have devalued my car because of the mods I have applied to it.... eh. If I ever decide to sell or trade this car (and I would only do so to get a newer one), I have all my stock parts and can return the car back to stock in a week. No modification that I've made are permanent. In fact, I would say that there have been a number of members who have done exactly that. The beauty of the bolt-on mod is that it can be unbolted.

My other car, btw is a Pontiac G6 Coupe hard top convertible. If you want to see an aftermarket that is almost non-existent... check there. It's pathetic compared to the offerings that I have for my Genesis.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts