Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about setting up a drift meet/competition in Texas? The reason why I am asking is because I'd like for us to do something other than the run-of-the-mill autox or simple track meet. :)

When: I'm guessing around May or June

Where: This is up to you guys

With that said, speak up and lets get some ideas rolling. Anybody with good event coordinating experience can chime in ([email protected]&M for instance).

**NOTE** Maybe we can do this in conjunction with an SFR tuning spree.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Idk how to drift aside form the occasion powersliding through corners. =)

There is a drifting competition at mineral wells this weekend. Apparently they're offering lessons and ride along.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Come on down! haha

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Hmm...I don't have much experience with drift track setups. Not to mention the reason track days are what they are is because most people can do AutoX and Standard Track days as well as those events are a lot less abuse on the car versus drifting considering some if not most would be using DD cars. I think that is why you don't see it nearly setup as much.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True. I figured that something out of the ordinary would have been fun. FaIL lololololol

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Tom, just come to Houston next weekend.
Few of us getting together at some point lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'd be down to watch and if it's in conjunction with a SFR tune I'm in!

·
1-2-3-4-GRRRIIIINNND-5-6
684 Posts
I'd be interested!
With my bumpers all hanging off, my car's pretty much a drift missile :D

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom, just come to Houston next weekend.
Few of us getting together at some point lol
I unfortunately cannot make that trip. :( Going to be traveling. What's new? LOL!

·
then the turbo kicks in..
268 Posts
I'm down!

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
+1 for me. let me know time and place :)

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. If we can get about 10 people to commit, then we can have a fairly fun session. Oh and keep in mind that you'll possibly have to replace your rear tires after the fact. :rofl:

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I guess if we get just a bit more interest (about 10 at least as Tom said), I can start doing my usual digging around to see what I could work up and post back. May take a bit with all the things I have going on right now though, so no promises at this point.

·
then the turbo kicks in..
268 Posts
I guess if we get just a bit more interest (about 10 at least as Tom said), I can start doing my usual digging around to see what I could work up and post back. May take a bit with all the things I have going on right now though, so no promises at this point.
Sounds good, that'll give me time to round up some rubber to burn!

·
1-2-3-4-GRRRIIIINNND-5-6
684 Posts
Soooo. Anyone planning to go to mineral wells any time soon???

·
Untouchable
220 Posts
I might be in for this, at least come out. Would definitely have to find some cheap tires to burn while I was out there though lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.