Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 739 Posts

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi ya!

Luckly in this part of the world (Bahrain, 1st F1 race anybody?), dealers might actually sell you un-announced units! Long story short, The demand for 3.8GC' sky rocketed and one last customer (<<me) was left out with out a 3.8 BK, so why not just slip one 2011 BK for the poor guy eeh?! :D

Been going through the interwebz for any info about them, and found only in this forum that there is going to be a interior upgrade. Well, am gonna find out within 24 hours! a lovely 3.8 Track ed, "Space Black" with brown interior! cant fricken wait! I heared that they just started to sell them in KSA (saudi) too and nothing major there; no HP/TQ increase, same 6-speed ZF for those who were waiting for the 8-speed tranny (..o_O??!) but no impressions on interior material either.

In fact, i couldn't help it and i actually sneaked around Bahrain's only commercial port and what do you know! i was super lucky that I jussssst found them lifting up the BK's to the trailer trucks! *Sorry for the bad quality, i just took them with my phone 3.2MP HTC Diamond, so..you know...;) )

img96.imageshack.us/img96/9039/image964.jpg

img185.imageshack.us/img185/3404/image966.jpg

The only Black 3.8 spotted, and as far as the I know am the only one scheduled to receive a black 3.8 by tomorrow (last week day overhere)...so i why do i have this feeling that this one is just my baby? :D

img709.imageshack.us/img709/3042/image972.jpg

Better pics with a proper cam (will try to borrow nikon SLR tonight :woah: ) when i get the thing finally tomorrow noon (GMT+3)....man isnt it just too much of a wait..

edit: 10 posts so i can post links?? come-on!!!! sorry people but you got to do the good old copy paste!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Will be interested in the interior changes. Didn't see any drive train changes anyway - not for at LEAST another year with an engine in maybe 3.

Now start post whoring to 10 before you get your car so you can fill us in :p

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you missed the http part man, i removed that to be able to post...quite an annoying policy..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes make sure to post pics right away and congrats on being on of the first to get one.

A track with a brown interior is new as you could only get it in black before.

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes make sure to post pics right away and congrats on being on of the first to get one.

A track with a brown interior is new as you could only get it in black before.
GCC Spec (GCC: Gulf Council Countries, simply the "Arabia")! we even get the chrome bumper inserts but delete bluetooth handsfree (makes one wonder..how much does that weight to be cut from the track ed??)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ahhhh got it, I missed that part. Congrats on your new ride. Is it wrong of me that I wish you would not have posted anything until tomorrow? Now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what changed. I don't do well with having to wait.:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm curious if any tranny tweaks or suspension tweaks were made given some of the review comments about the unsettled suspension comments and some of the tranny issues. Its nothing they would advertise, just stuff you fix in over model years to avoid recalls and TSBs

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
alright, i stalked the thing; whilst i did find it, am not quite sure about the '11 interior upgrades.
while i confirmed that its the one, i didnt have the chance to get inside, even worse again i only had my phone with me so, bear with me a little bit.

here is a pic for the steering wheel, doesn't "look" much different from the '10, hope it feels different
img580.imageshack.us/img580/8158/image981.jpg (<<would appreciate any uploads! ^_^)

yeah didn't notice anything changed from the '10 in the exterior, and frankly was too dusty to notice the interior, so got wait untill tomorrow. :wtc:

and yeah :D couldn't help drawing "Gencoupe forums" on the dusty rear bumper!

img375.imageshack.us/img375/4525/image978.jpg

better all around pics coming as soon as got my hands on the keys, but for now this is the "cleanest" pic, you can notice that the exterior 100% like the '10 (and as i mentioned above the chrome inserts for the Track edition is the GCC spec, so its not new to the '11)

img202.imageshack.us/img202/5343/image979.jpg

I'm curious if any tranny tweaks or suspension tweaks were made given some of the review comments about the unsettled suspension comments and some of the tranny issues. Its nothing they would advertise, just stuff you fix in over model years to avoid recalls and TSBs
I didn't drive the '10 in a track so I dont have a clue what am I looking for in this case! would you suggest a "testing procedure" ? am more than happy to apply it!

To be more specific, what do you mean by "unsettled suspension"?

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks almost the same as the 2010's. Steering wheel does look a little bit thicker, maybe it has more padding.
thats was my first impression, but i dont want to get my hopes up, not until i get my hands on it then i can judge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm curious to know if the '11s with nav are going to have the rear camera. Interior doesnt look too much different from the pics but it is nice that you can get the saddle interior in the track now.

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm curious to know if the '11s with nav are going to have the rear camera. Interior doesnt look too much different from the pics but it is nice that you can get the saddle interior in the track now.
you may have to wait for US spec to confirm the "saddle" interior for the track, it was an option for th '10 track in the GCC

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
Nice Leak, be interested to see how this pans out!

·
Registered
521 Posts
From the pics it looks the same at the 2010 model, even the steering wheel. Guess we will have to wait until you get in and see if they changed the materials any. On the plus side if they did upgrade the material people should be able to upgrade the 2010 model with ease.

·
If u don't kno, now u kno
1,605 Posts
i want that new steering wheel...it looks a lot more studier and beefier

1 - 20 of 739 Posts