Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 739 Posts

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
A local dealer said October. But I have to assume a better than fair chance that he was lying so he wouldn't hurt potential sales of 2010's.
This. and,
We just received our 2011 Tucsons, patiently waiting for the Coupes :hello:
this. I'm counting the days man... I'm seriously at the point where I'm ready to purchase. I just don't want to buy a 2010 in case there's some awesome change coming in the 2011s. I really hope Redbull1 isn't full of ****, and the 2011s have cooled / ventilated seats. That would make the wait worthwhile to me. *sigh* I've been searching the net, reading these forums and emailing Hyundai on an almost daily basis waiting for any sign of new coupes, but alas, nothing... :wtc:

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
lol radioactiveman, if I don't know, there's a slim to none chance that dealer knows

btw here's pics of the 2011 Tucsons for the heck of it, our first 3 are a Chai Bronze fully loaded Limited with Nav and panoramic sunroof, same package in Black, and the new GL Trim level in Black... one other change is the 2011 Tucsons come with a premium sound system now with subwoofer and amplifier, which I recall the 2010s don't have... :

THE GL- MSRP $20,825

THE FULLY LOADED LIMITED w/the obvious privacy glass lol - MSRP $28,625

·
Noob
887 Posts
I really hope Redbull1 isn't full of ****, and the 2011s have cooled / ventilated seats.
Based on the information I have, I would be pleasantly shocked if the 2011 Coupe has ventilated seats. I have heard nothing about it.

But I'm definitely not the all-knowing entity so :dunno:

·
Registered
521 Posts
What I find kind of wierd is that the 2010 Tucson only hit the market in Jan of this year and they are already delivering the 2011s yet the Gen Coupe has been out now for almost 1.5 years and going and still no word on when it will go to the 2011s. Now I know the Tucsons are selling very well is this a sign that Hyundai built too many 2010s and are waiting as long as they can to try to move them first?

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
I think a typical GT driver is willing to give up that extra burst for an automatic.
Excuse me while I got paint my fingernails black and turn up the volume on some Dashboard Confessional as I cry my eyes out.:wtc:

I wanted a GT with manual for the added driver involvement and the savings over an automatic. I guess I could check out the Track model, but I really wanted backup sensors and I'd rather have more money in my pocket instead of spending it on Track features.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I know that in both Colorado and California they did not show up until the end of 09 start of 10. If they were available before that it was not in either of those markets.

·
Noob
887 Posts
Jan? They been out for alot more time buddy
Not by a whole lot.

It was in October of 2009 when I was at the LA auto show and the private reveal of the 2010 Tucson. Some were on their way to dealerships at the time, so he's only off by a couple of months.

Hargert - depending on production schedules, sales and other factors, it can vary by the model. Some models have to stop production because they have to share the plant with other models. Sometimes, the initial release can be pulled forward or pushed back (say, to match a competitor's release) but maintain the original release for the subsequent year. So this may result in the 2010 being on sale for only 8 months then the 2011 comes out. Conversely, the Genesis Coupe.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Some interesting changes. They're definitely working to make them cheaper to produce, that's for sure.

I'm still waiting for info (and especially pricing) on a 3.8 R-spec. Really the only extra thing I'd really like to have is OEM HID, but I can always buy the KDM headlights. The brakes and LSD are the big sellers for me.

So if I read correctly, the 3.8 R-Specs will have the red/black interior, like the 2.0 Track models? Meh, I'd kinda rather just have all black seats. And it will be offered in White, Red, Black, and Yellow?

·
n00b
103 Posts
If there are really ventilated seats, I would seriously consider throwing some big bucks at replacements (assuming higher quality leather as well). Living in lower Alabama, I can readily use all the ventilation I can get during the summer months.

·
Noob
887 Posts
I'm getting word that the first shipment of the 2011 Coupes will arrive in approximately 3 weeks. So expect around early August by the time you start seeing them in the dealership lots. But it will depend on your region, as well.

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
Thanks for the update. If you guys have access to nationwide inventory, can you help me locate a 2011 3.8 Track ZF w/nav in Mirabeau Blue (anywhere within ~300 miles of northern Virginia) when they touch ground?

I'd like to get one that's never been test driven. i.e. As soon as it hits the dealer's lot...

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
man 300mi^? that's a large range lol. Last I was only willing to travel 50mi :p

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
man 300mi^? that's a large range lol. Last I was only willing to travel 50mi :p
I like road trips :eek:

Honestly, I'd prefer to find it closer, but I'm willing to drive up to 5 hours in each direction if it means getting the car a month sooner.

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow...this is kinda exciting! Can't wait to see the upgrades on the 2011. :)

221 - 240 of 739 Posts