Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 739 Posts

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
really like the 2011 updo interior, the color accent is very nice. The chrome is fitting too imo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
heres a base model 2010 interior for reference/comparison btw

And just to line up next to the 2011 rspec

Note, 2010 has no NAV so that part is a tad diff

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
what the hell is going on. Although I will drive my lovely 2010 V6 for a while, I am interested in the changes :)
Go to page 14, pour yourself a drink, and proceed to peruse and ponder.

looking at TCARs post, the only diff of the 3.8 Track and 3.8 RSpec are the leather seats, aluminum pedals, and HIDs? Why even have a different package for just that. Or am I missing something?
Did you read the part that says the Track has everything the Grand Touring has (minus backup sensors and chrome front fascia)? So almost every difference between the R-Spec and the GT is also present between the R-Spec and Track. Here are a few examples: Infinity stereo, navigation, heated seats, sunroof, proximity key, push button start, cruise control, auto climate control, etc.

Think this over carefully. (1.) I did a search of Hyundai dealers across the county and could find no GTs with manual in any color. I thought that maybe if there was one in Chicago, for example, it could maybe be sent to you. I would seriously think through your opportunity to buy that car because you may never see one again -- unless it is used. (2.)At that low price you can maybe have the option to paint it whatever color you ever wanted. (I have no idea what it would cost to do it like new.) Of course, maybe this just isn't going to work out. I feel bad for you.

Can a dealer do a check through the dealer network? What about used? (3.)Maybe the manual will becomes something of a collectors item?
1.) Alexandria Hyundai's website shows the Genny that I'm talking about. They gave me a quote specifically for that car. So no...it's not from an out-of-state dealer or anything like that.
2.) It would cost at LEAST $1,000 to make it look like factory paint according to Maaco's annoyingly ambiguous website. However, it would be an option down the road (e.g. in 2 years or something). Also, I could be wrong, but isn't Maaco a "discount" service company? I wonder how much it would cost for a more reputable place to do the painting.
3.) I very much doubt that manual 3.8GTs will have a higher resale value. If anything, they would have a lower resale value. I say this because most potential customers who care about manual would likely prefer a model that also has the brembos and whatnot. After all, that's why the GT is losing a manual variant in 2011.

2010 3.8 GT and 3.8 Track models did have nav starting around September of 2009. The photo of the new interior isn't from a 2011 R-Spec.

·
Registered
196 Posts
looking at TCARs post, the only diff of the 3.8 Track and 3.8 RSpec are the leather seats, aluminum pedals, and HIDs? Why even have a different package for just that. Or am I missing something?
Also, no cruise, or auto climate control (fairly big weight savings with the manual HVAC) on the R-Spec.

·
TNT
176 Posts
^^^Interesting pictures of the 2010 interior compared to the 2011 interior. Thanks for posting this -- a big contribution.

I would say the feeling inside the new interior is a little darker and a bit warmer. Notice that the 2010 silver-ish accent strip on the door handle has been replaced by a 2011 dark accent strip that is almost black. The 2010 big silver-ish accent piece around the navigation and shifter is gone. The 2010 silver-ish on the steering wheel is replaced with a 2011 darker color. Silver-ish is a cold color -- not that it is bad but it is not warm -- and maybe could give a feeling of being cheap if it is used too much. I think a passenger would feel that the 2011 interior is warmer (as long as the dark plastic does not look obviously cheap).

I like it! :point:

Otherwise, both are really good and very close. It would depend if you like the darker color or silver/light gray color more.

·
If u don't kno, now u kno
1,605 Posts
does anybody else notice the extra button beneath the TCS button? is that the new fog light button? are they letting you use it anytime you wish regardless of headlight position for 2011? dammit...why didn't they have this earlier?

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
does anybody else notice the extra button beneath the TCS button? is that the new fog light button? are they letting you use it anytime you wish regardless of headlight position for 2011? dammit...why didn't they have this earlier?
yup, it was covered in the autoblog thread, kinda lol, it looks like the foglight button, I don't believe it would be 'AUTO HOLD' like in the sedan... as far as I'm concerened, the only thing I like, so far, is the new floormats lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
i'm wondering what this means for canada.

currently the 2010 lineup is:

2.0T base
2.0T premium
2.0T GT = US 2.0T track
3.8 = US 3.8 GT
3.8 GT = US 3.8 track

the US also gets the R-spec, as well. now, dropping the base 3.8 would mean matching the US lineup with the canadian lineup a bit- no "base" model and it begins at premium.

but if they continue to make the 2.0T GT for canada and not the US, and continue to make the R-spec for the US but not canada, that's two production lines not being used to their full potential, even when the cars are loaded on to the same ships to cross the pacific.

huh.

i'm thinking the GT will be dropped in canada as well... and we may be getting both R-specs.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Also, no cruise, or auto climate control (fairly big weight savings with the manual HVAC) on the R-Spec.
Yea, that's going to save you ton's of weight, all the extra buttons and wiring. Plus the added weight of the extra programming in the computer.

·
2.0 4B11 n/a FTL
249 Posts
^ i wuoldnt be too worried about it, from the looks. it dosent look like anything you can swap out if you have a 2010

·
Registered
273 Posts
Lol, but how would you swap out all the new materials?? And besides that, I dont even have a 2010 xD. The new interior just looks better than the accord's making the decision even harder now

·
2.0 4B11 n/a FTL
249 Posts
Lol, but how would you swap out all the new materials?? And besides that, I dont even have a 2010 xD. The new interior just looks better than the accord's making the decision even harder now
buy the new material, remove the buttons parts, and install the new ones. not too hard. the buttons can be replaced.

·
Team Sun*Works
76,154 Posts
Looks like a 2.0 R-spec with nav and leather no big deal really.

301 - 320 of 739 Posts