Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

721 - 739 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
2011 3.8 R-Spec interior pics

Took a few crappy shots with my cellphone. I like the new interior. More of an upscale look and feel. The steering wheel leather still feels cheap and slippery, though. I'm not sure if the red seat inserts are any different than the 2010's. I'd hoped they'd be cooler against my back after trying the leather seats and thinking I'd turned on the seat heaters. Who needs seat heaters in southern California anyway?

In any case, I think the new interior is a step in the right direction.

Well this is lame. Can't post pics OR links until postcount >= 10. If anyone wants to see the shots, PM me. Maybe someone else could post the photos for me.

Here ya go. Found a loophole:

flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157624962932399/

·
Noob
887 Posts
Currently looking at a deal for a 3.8 base.. for $22,500 + t&t We'll see how this goes... I am going to pull 20k cash out and see if they walk away from the table..
There is no financial incentive for the dealership to receive cash. They want you to finance so they can make points. You are working it backwards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is no financial incentive for the dealership to receive cash. They want you to finance so they can make points. You are working it backwards.
I kinda figured that after a few negotiations. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think some of this depends on how long they have had the car on the lot (it's a 2010), and what they think the chances of moving it are... like a bird in the hand thing...

What happens to cars they don't sell??? (Always wondered that...)

·
Noob
887 Posts
I kinda figured that after a few negotiations. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think some of this depends on how long they have had the car on the lot (it's a 2010), and what they think the chances of moving it are... like a bird in the hand thing...

What happens to cars they don't sell??? (Always wondered that...)
Yes, that is a factor. Just like consumers, many dealerships pay interest on the cars sitting on the lot. The longer they have had the car on the lot, the more interest they have paid so they may not budge in order to recoup the costs. But that also depends on other factors such as manufacturer incentives to the dealership. Without knowing all the details, it's really a crap shoot for us consumers.

For cars that don't sell for a long time, they might do a dealer trade to get it out of the inventory or just continue to hold on to it. I've seen new cars almost two years old sitting on lots because the dealership was being stubborn on the price.

Interestingly enough, I've seen new motorcycles THREE years old still sitting on the showroom floor. It was a Suzuki and they wanted almost full MSRP for it. Good luck with that one. ROFL.

·
NEW 3.8 R-Spec Owner!
29 Posts
Over the weekend, I finally got to sit in a couple of 2011's that a dealer has across town. I agree with others that the new interior is still nice...I'd be happy with either model year. Saving my pennies for a '11 R-Spec though...

But while I was there, I noticed they had a USED 2010 2.0 Track for sale with 3,600 miles on it for $32,650 :eek:

I would hope there would be some dealing room in there, but if not, I hope that 'sucker born every minute' walks in soon...

·
Registered
12 Posts
But while I was there, I noticed they had a USED 2010 2.0 Track for sale with 3,600 miles on it for $32,650 :eek:

I would hope there would be some dealing room in there, but if not, I hope that 'sucker born every minute' walks in soon...
The thing to realize is that for a new car dealership, there is a much greater incentive to sell a new car than a used one, even if they sell the new one for less. They don't get any holdbacks or incentives from Hyundai for selling a used one. So they have little financial motivation to come down on the price of a used car. In reality, they keep used cars on their lot mostly just to draw people in so they can upsell them to a new car.

·
i'm on one
479 Posts
Anyone having problems using Edmunds to contact the dealer's internet sales dept? I have submitted my info twice already and haven't gotten any emails from any dealers.

I used this service last year to help look for an Acura and I was contacted by each dealer I selected, but not sure why these Hyundai dealers aren't contacting me back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They probably get a lot of spammers, tire-kickers, etc.

Or your request is just getting "thrown over the wall".

I've had a few requests that went unanswered for several days, only to receive an email "I hope you've received our messages. We've been trying to reach you."

Try the truecar.com Best Local Price dealer contact form. They seem to show a little more initiative.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Judging by the pictures IMO 2011 looks way better but does it FEEL better? Can someone compare the quality of the materials as to the 2010 if there's any change at all!

·
TNT
176 Posts
Had a chance see the 2011 interior and test drive it. Wow! The 2011 interior is very nice and definitely better than the greyish-silver of the 2010. It looks upscale. The plate around the shifter is really, really nice. The accents, the color of the paddle shifters, everything is very impressive. We have been mulling getting a better deal on a 2010 or getting the 2011, and now there is no question it will be the 2011. I think it's definitely worth a couple thousand more. I would rather put the money into the interior than, say, wheels. That's what we will be looking at for several years. Just my opinion. The 2011 interior is very nice.

·
Registered
510 Posts
oooh i like the accents on the steering wheel and the door. the dark color as apposed to 2010s silver looks very classy.
one quesiton though. Is that dark color on the dash an R-spec exclusive? I seem to recall the 2.0t rspec also having black dash accents.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
oooh i like the accents on the steering wheel and the door. the dark color as apposed to 2010s silver looks very classy.
one quesiton though. Is that dark color on the dash an R-spec exclusive? I seem to recall the 2.0t rspec also having black dash accents.
The rpec's accents are matte black (at least for 2010, I haven't seen a 2011 rpsec), not the glossy black used in other models for 2011.

Edit: Just saw the picture posted. Pretty sure for 2011 all models have a black stereo/ AC surround.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
The rpec's accents are matte black (at least for 2010, I haven't seen a 2011 rpsec), not the glossy black used in other models for 2011.

Edit: Just saw the picture posted. Pretty sure for 2011 all models have a black stereo/ AC surround.
Edit number 2: Saw a 2011 3.8 R-spec on it's way back to North Carolina, the center piece is matte black and the door handles are the semi-gloss black.

721 - 739 of 739 Posts