Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 739 Posts

·
If u don't kno, now u kno
1,605 Posts
US already comes with side airbags and curtain airbags....this is only for Korea that don't have strict airbag regulations....telescopic wheel or better wheel placement would be nice...and sound deadening a little better and softer touch materials....updated multigauge display? like how?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I actually really hoped they'd improve it a lot. After sitting in a Mazda 3s and Mazdaspeed3, I was disappointed comparing those interiors to that of the Gen. Coupe. The GC interior isn't as stylish or luxurious. It actually has a lot visually in common with my 7 year old Protege5 or the last generation Tiburon. Even the new Sonata interior is more luxo/stylish.

Don't get me wrong - I still love the car and still want one; I just wish the GC had been given as much attention to interior style as was shown in the Genesis Sedan, Tucson, and Sonata.

The tucson has same gauges?? and plus what were getting for our dollar is actually preety good, look a a beamer most 3seriers are such a waste of money twice as much as the GC, and the gen has more in it you just need to get the navi

·
Registered
285 Posts
US already comes with side airbags and curtain airbags....this is only for Korea that don't have strict airbag regulations....telescopic wheel or better wheel placement would be nice...and sound deadening a little better and softer touch materials....updated multigauge display? like how?
Canada also, i got like what 8 airbags in the car a little much

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
3. The multi-gauge is upgraded to higher quality display.
When you say "multi-gauge," are you referring to the display at the top of the center stack or the instrument cluster (speedo & tach area)?

Also, you may have already stated this before, but I haven't been on this forum for a little while...
What is your source? Do you know someone who works for Hyundai, do you work for Hyundai, etc? Could you be any more mysterious/sketchy when you say "But if it is verification you are looking for, then you probably won't." ??
:p

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
I love how everyone claims to know things but can provide zero proof, and people like "Redbull1" claim to have a 2011 already, yet post no pictures of it. I'm beginning to wonder if everyone on here is completely full of ****.

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
not Pure Adrenaline. ... trust me on this one
I'm not accusing anyone... just sayin'... It's frustrating to be fed different unverifiable information by people.

I just want to know when the 2011s are going to get here, and what interior changes are being made. If Pure Adrenaline is on point with the changes, then thank you. Now I just need to know the release date.

Also, Redbull1 said his "2011" has cooled seats? This seems too good to be true. I haven't heard this from anyone else, and it's usually a pricey option on high end luxury sedans, I've never seen it in a car like this.

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
Trust me, Pure Adrenaline is the one to listen to if you're going to listen to anybody on the forum regarding this...

... :cue twilight zone music:
That's odd...you edited your post but there is no annotation at the bottom of it that says "Last edited by..."

If I remember correctly, your post originally said "Trust me, Pure Adrenaline works for Hyundai" ...but now you've changed that statement. How interesting...;)

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
If you edit within ~30 seconds or so, it won't put that disclaimer at the bottom of your post.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
the 2011 Genesis Sedan, Equus, and Tucson are slated to have climate controlled seats from what I've understood... this may in turn expand to the rest of the line. As far as release date, I'm closely watching this just like everyone else

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
That's odd...you edited your post but there is no annotation at the bottom of it that says "Last edited by..."

If I remember correctly, your post originally said "Trust me, Pure Adrenaline works for Hyundai" ...but now you've changed that statement. How interesting...;)
what? lol :broken: I sometimes become dyslexic and type stuff by accident :hello:

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
the 2011 Genesis Sedan, Equus, and Tucson are slated to have climate controlled seats from what I've understood... this may in turn expand to the rest of the line. As far as release date, I'm closely watching this just like everyone else
That would be freakin' awesome. Black leather gets sooooo damn hot in the summer. AC in the seats would be oh so nice. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not accusing anyone... just sayin'... It's frustrating to be fed different unverifiable information by people.
I think it's quite exciting that we're being fed "insider info"...but of course, we can't believe everything that's on the internet, right? :fleshbox:

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
we just allocated some 2011 Tucsons believe it or not, there's a new GL trim level on the Tucson, basically the most basic one. So with that being said, us having the 2011 Sonatas, Azeras, and Tucsons .... the Genesis Coupe should not be too far behind!

·
482 Posts
I think I am the only person in the world who doens't mind the steering wheel. But thats just me!
this is my first car =) and ive been practicing on an old civic this whole time, so i like the steering wheel too.

·
Noob
887 Posts
sooo....do you also know when it's coming out, by any chance?
Start of production for Non-R-spec trims are this month. R-spec production starts in August. As for when they actually arrive stateside, I don't know for sure. Typically the U.S. gets the cars 6 months after the Korean release.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You're not alone

I think I am the only person in the world who doens't mind the steering wheel. But thats just me!
It's the closest thing to my after market Momo wheel in my old Porsche. Both my wife and I love the feel :) . I just wish it was flat on the bottom.

As to replacing it, it's got too many controls, so I doubt we'll have any aftermarket options within the next year.

161 - 180 of 739 Posts