Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great thread. I'm thinking about getting a set of ARK's as soon as the bonus clears.

I did want to ask though; what can one realistically expect to gain with 3" tubing over 2.5"? I'm planning on staying NA, and am really going more for appearance/slight horsepower bump. I'm also a fan of a deep rumble, as opposed to a tinny bark.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
i skimmed through a few random pages and didnt see this, if i just missed it, my bad

should help with sound comparisons between the different exhausts

BTW, the order of the exhausts is in the description

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts
i skimmed through a few random pages and didnt see this, if i just missed it, my bad

Genesis Coupe 3.8 Exhausts - close up - YouTube
should help with sound comparisons between the different exhausts

BTW, the order of the exhausts is in the description
By far THE BEST exhaust comparison video I've ever seen :D Great job!

Here's mine, WeirTech Evolve single-exit 3" stainless steel catback (stock O2 housing in this vid, have since upgraded to a downpipe)

·
Se habla Español
350 Posts
Damn...I went through 11 pages thinking "I wonder why no one has posted the best Exhaust shootout clip on the web?" Well if you didn't know guys:

Video comparing the various available exhausts for the Genesis Coupe 3.8.

In order:
1) Stock
2) ARK
3) CNT
4) Agency Power Axel back + Megan mid pipe
5) System Upgrade Single
6) Magnaflow
7) HKS Legamax
8) Sterlin F1

Then there's also:

In order:
1) Stock
2) ARK
3) CNT
4) Agency Power Axel back + Megan mid pipe
5) System Upgrade Single
6) Magnaflow
7) HKS Legamax
8) Sterlin F1

** Bonus - Bennett Custom

These two clips is what sold me on the ARK.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
^^^ why post the same thing i posted 4 posts earlier, on the same page?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
yes but then you put the video up again, outside of my post

·
<3 GenCoup
101 Posts
going with the magna

thx for the info obyone ^^

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just got my Tomei. Love the sound. It's soo light, I thought they forgot to put the exhaust in the box before I opened it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought an Injen SES Catback Exhaust for my 2013 2.0T. I plan on having a full turbo back exhaust, but I am new to modding and a bit lost. I want to get an o2 housing, downpipe and test pipe, but I don't want a CEL and my car has an emissions test every 2 years here in Costa Rica, so I must comply with this for sure.

I would greatly appreciate all your input with regards to brands and models for o2 housing, DP/TP. Ideally, I would like one that has the DP/TP all in one.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
i just put my ark exhaust on the other day, up to the downpipes. some mutant gorilla put those on and then used cement. i wonder if the dealer will take them off for me. that way they break them they replace them

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
I just bought an Injen SES Catback Exhaust for my 2013 2.0T. I plan on having a full turbo back exhaust, but I am new to modding and a bit lost. I want to get an o2 housing, downpipe and test pipe, but I don't want a CEL and my car has an emissions test every 2 years here in Costa Rica, so I must comply with this for sure.

I would greatly appreciate all your input with regards to brands and models for o2 housing, DP/TP. Ideally, I would like one that has the DP/TP all in one.
Ive got the Depo O2 housing and Depo DP/TP combo. It was an easy install and all the flanges lined up perfectly.

Just spray the studs and nuts on the turbo->primary cat with pb blaster. A lot of it. Its really easy to strip or snap a stud if youre not careful.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

221 - 240 of 307 Posts