Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

241 - 260 of 307 Posts

·
<3 GenCoup
101 Posts
I found a "full exhaust system" injen for 700$ however I still haven't moved forward with the purchase so I'm guessing shipping will put it somewhere in the 8s.

My question is, I was told that even after buying this I would need a downpipe (keep in mind I know nothing bout cars) what precisely do I need to just get all the exhaust out of the way.

Also is catback another word for entire exhaust system?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
I found a "full exhaust system" injen for 700$ however I still haven't moved forward with the purchase so I'm guessing shipping will put it somewhere in the 8s.

My question is, I was told that even after buying this I would need a downpipe (keep in mind I know nothing bout cars) what precisely do I need to just get all the exhaust out of the way.

Also is catback another word for entire exhaust system?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It depends if you want a cel or not. You can get a down pipe that still keeps the primary catalytic converter but removes the secondary catalytic converter and increase pipe diameter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
146 Posts
anyone had or currently have any experience with a Buscher Racing TBE?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, I would like to be advised, I did not really know mechanics, but I want a full exhaust from the gas outlet of the engine back up completely, so a line comprennant all parts!

I noticed that the exhaust line does not always understand the downpipe o2 ... So if I buy a line that does not necessarily mean that the fitt line bolt-on on the down pipe that I'm going to buy?

I'd buy one with all-inclusive not to not have a problem.

I have genesis 2013 2.0t

What does you recommended me to buy?

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
Hello, I would like to be advised, I did not really know mechanics, but I want a full exhaust from the gas outlet of the engine back up completely, so a line comprennant all parts!

I noticed that the exhaust line does not always understand the downpipe o2 ... So if I buy a line that does not necessarily mean that the fitt line bolt-on on the down pipe that I'm going to buy?

I'd buy one with all-inclusive not to not have a problem.

I have genesis 2013 2.0t

What does you recommended me to buy?
An exhaust from the outlet of the turbo is called a turboback exhaust because its from the turbo back. Now there are exhausts that are called catbacks and as the name implies the exhaust runs from the secondary catalytic converter back to the mufflers. You most likely will have to buy a catback then a downpipe specifically for the 2013 since its now twin scroll. Many companies like gctuner, br, invasion automation, turboxs carries exhausts for our car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cough cough...Nameless .....Cough Cough. I know not to post links to unsponsored vendors but it i post a video of my own car in my garage with my Nameless Axleback exhaust that should be Kosher right?

·
Registered
924 Posts
with a tune and full turbo back exhaust (including o2 housing) there should not be a CEL correct?
Yes and no, AFAIK the only way your are not going to throw a CEL is with the factory cat/o2 housing.....OR is to turn the second o2 sensor off, but that doesn't work for people who have emission testing.

Last option is to get a tune but keep your factory ecu so when you have emission testing you just swap out the ecu's.

I was running a magnaflow Hi-flow cat and throwing a #2 o2 sensor out of range code.

I'm still waiting on UR to find out what was causing my car to throw a CEL with the Hi-flow cat, only been a year now!! :squint:

·
2010 GenCoupe 2.0T
237 Posts
just installed a megan racing axleback exhaust, the quad tips look awesome but its just as quiet as stock, now i know the once i use it for a while it will get broke in and get a little louder, but its just as loud as stock now. to make it louder i do a cat delete right? is that the mid pipe? could someone point me in the right direction? thanks

·
2013 3.8 R-Spec
360 Posts
Can anyone give me their opinion on the CNT V3 quality and reliability? I like the sound and love the price. Just dont see that many going with it. It's a good sound, clean look, and great price.... What's the drawback? Every other exhaust is high on $$$ and not much different any advice would be great.

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts
test

241 - 260 of 307 Posts