Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 307 Posts

·
Mr. VQ
32 Posts
Well, that wasn't entirely the response I was looking for...but I appreciate it, man. Unfortunately, as per my location on the side, I live in Nashville, TN.

I considered buying some exhaust tips and having a local shop weld them onto my factory exhaust. But I hate to chop up an exhaust on a car with less than 1000 miles on it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ark GRiP 2013 3.8

Ark GRiP + Ark down and test pipes.

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
System Upgrade Single Exit w/ down and test pipes 2013 3.8

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel like a newb asking, but I've been digging around online with no real results. Are there any axle back exhausts that fit the 2013+ coupe? I know Hyundai changed the piping up, so most axle backs wouldn't fit without modification.

The reason I ask is that I like the look of the dual tipped exhausts, and I'd like a slight bump in exhaust note, but still be able to DD the car comfortably without any drone.
Im looking for the same thing. Ive got a 2014 Ultimate 3.8 No one seems to make the axle back for the newer models. I want something like you thats an easy bolt on, has the quad tips and doesnt drone.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
Im looking for the same thing. Ive got a 2014 Ultimate 3.8 No one seems to make the axle back for the newer models. I want something like you thats an easy bolt on, has the quad tips and doesnt drone.
The midpipe and muffler design changed for the 2013 MY, so no axle back systems designed for the 2010-2012 cars will fit without also replacing the midpipe. As far as I know no one has developed a 2013+ axle back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was reading your comments in the exhaust thread. Do you know of any good/reputable shops in the Raleigh/RDU/triangle area? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where do you live? I work in a performance shop and we do all exhaust, from full custom to headers out the hood and or (axle back.)

You may not find a kit that you want. so find a exhaust shop some where around your home town or big city and stop in and they should give you a free estimate. If you live in NC HIT ME UP! my boss has been bending pipe to fit any car or truck (race, drag drift, off road mudd, rock) needs for over 30 years. I run a 2.0T That has single high out, the v is just as easy to work on, just a little more in price.

inbox me you if you need any info. we have friends from NY to California.
I was reading your comments in the exhaust thread. Do you know of any good/reputable shops in the Raleigh/RDU/triangle area? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, so i have a tad bit of a nooby question to ask... I'm currently in the search of upgrading to a full turbo-back exhaust. So far I am going to go with the CNT Racing V3 Cat-Back Exhaust, ISIS Stainless Steel Downpipe, and ISIS Stainless Steel O2 Housing, for my 2011 2.0T Genny.

Will i have to get a test pipe as well to complete it or will the downpipe bolt directly to the catback?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took the muffler off my gen, really did enjoy the sound, so mean.. But the low rpms driving regularly are so obnoxious when I am only going 35-40.. Can I do anything to prevent that? Have yet to make a decision

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can someone help me find which exhaust system will get me the deepest most aggressive sound? On the 3.8

Since it's a V6 it will never sound like a V8 or higher. Best advice is to straight pipe it and slap a resonator on it to make it deeper. Maybe get new headers and wider mid pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can someone help me find which exhaust system will get me the deepest most aggressive sound? On the 3.8

Since it's a V6 it will never sound like a V8 or higher. Best advice is to straight pipe it and slap a resonator on it to make it deeper. Maybe get new headers and wider mid pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thank you for the help

·
Registered
325 Posts
Almost none of the off-the-shelf options available for the Genesis Coupe emphasize a lower, more muscular sound.

Solo Performance is the only kit I know of that produces a muscular sound on the GenCoupe:

This is mostly down to their use of an old-school H-pipe, which is much more of a hot-rod thing than an import tuner thing:

That's about the best you can do with a kit. Straight pipes with a couple of really good resonators, like Vibrant Ultra Quiets, will also produce a very muscular sound.

For to most muscle-car sounding V6 possible though, you have to go custom:

Happy Tuning!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Almost none of the off-the-shelf options available for the Genesis Coupe emphasize a lower, more muscular sound.

Solo Performance is the only kit I know of that produces a muscular sound on the GenCoupe:

This is mostly down to their use of an old-school H-pipe, which is much more of a hot-rod thing than an import tuner thing:

That's about the best you can do with a kit. Straight pipes with a couple of really good resonators, like Vibrant Ultra Quiets, will also produce a very muscular sound.

For to most muscle-car sounding V6 possible though, you have to go custom:

Happy Tuning!

Thank you greatly appreciated. I think I'll try to find a shop that knows what they're doing and get it custom.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thank you greatly appreciated. I think I'll try to find a shop that knows what they're doing and get it custom.
Go for SpinTech Mufflers! The custom muffler on Project Hoondy was made by Spintech. They make all their products to order, so whatever shop you work with can specify the exact size they want. SpinTech works with all tube sizes, stainless and aluminium, even oval tubing. Their pricing is competitive with other American exhaust companies like Flow Master, a little more expensive, but their products are higher quality in exchange.

SpinTech has been a de facto maker of muscle car mufflers since they first got into the game back in the 90's via Sterling Marlin’s NASCAR team. Everything sounds more badass when you put a SpinTech muffler on it, from this big-block Chevelle:

...to this weenie little Mazda 3:

Get you some SpinTech!

Happy Tuning!

281 - 300 of 307 Posts