Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Custom FTW! I love that setup that strange has going on there, really is kick a$$..... Ive done a couple setups (simple stuff) and this one sounds pretty cool. Gave it a little kick in the pants too ;)

https://youtu.be/7ht3z4P_3Rc

·
Registered
325 Posts
Custom FTW! I love that setup that strange has going on there, really is kick a$$..... Ive done a couple setups (simple stuff) and this one sounds pretty cool. Gave it a little kick in the pants too ;)

https://youtu.be/7ht3z4P_3Rc
Nice parts selection, I'm sure your exhaust build was WAY cheaper than ours and it still sounds great. Listened to the vid on my bigass stereo (screw headphones!)

I swear, the Genesis Coupe V6 sounds way better with "muscle car" style mufflers than "import tuner" style mufflers. Every GenCoupe V6 I've heard with something like Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Cherry Bomb or our own SpinTech muffler just sounds excellent every time.

Oh, and good job picking the right tube diameter. Dual 2-1/4 inch tube is the correct size for the 3.8 V6. Seems like most folks who go custom use dual 2.5 inch pipe, or even dual 3.0 inch, which gains you no extra power and loses you a lot of exhaust gas velocity which means reduced torque down low.

Everyone who does a custom exhaust needs to READ THIS CHART!

As you can see, dual 2.5 inch pipe is just complete overkill unless you are going turbo/supercharged or a BIG nitrous kit.

Do it right and custom is just the best way to go. GenCoupe custom exhaust for the win!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You would be a lifesaver if you could post pics of the setup. Preferably with a little write-up. I'm trying to figure out how I want to do my custom exhaust.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You would be a lifesaver if you could post pics of the setup. Preferably with a little write-up. I'm trying to figure out how I want to do my custom exhaust.
Well here is my latest one. Had a pinhole in a weld so was up on the lift getting that touched up (why there is all that carbon on the pipe). Is it the "best" you can get? not at all.... Welds could be better, could have mandrel bends, yada yada yada..... But it's inexpensive, sounds excellent, is light weight and gives the car a lot more edge. If you are worried about show undercar looks, then this wouldn't be the setup for you. But if you are like me and could care less (I mean I do care, just not if it's all shiny and all), then custom is a great alternative. It's for sure not as pretty as Life forms' setup or most of the off the shelf systems. BUT it is one of a kind sound.....

Anyway pretty simple: 2-1/4" duals from 2nd cats to center perforated resonated x-pipe (magnaflow #11385 ) then 2-1/4" pipes routed to quad angled 3" tips (believe it or not the tips do affect the sound a little bit - (the pops and bangs come to mind).

Another great video I like is this one from a dude at Magnaflow, tons of mythbusting and overall good info in this video: https://youtu.be/RWTARjxiqlo

Whatever you do have fun with it >:D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The links to the photos showed up on the email I got. So I got to see them. Thanks! On a side note, you mind sharing which wheel spacers those are?
Ya I finally killed off my photobucket account and went to Imgur lolz..... So much better.

Spacers are garageline (15mm front/20mm rear), PBM comp coils. I just recently lowered the car another 1/4" all around (max I am going) and then got slight rubbing on the plastic wheel well liners (actually quite bad in the front where it was marking the outside of the front tires). So I cut some clearance with a dremel - pretty quick and easy. Not more rubbing ;)

Heres a few pics of how it all sits currently and one before everything...

>:D

301 - 307 of 307 Posts