Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 2577 Posts

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
I just want to know why they cannot be GDI!!!
and I want to know if someone know if the r-spec coming for canada will be replacing the GT model or it will be like the U.S model??? because I want to know the price that going to be for the 2.0t r-spec in canada!!!

thanks all!!!.
It could be if they wanted it to!!! But it would mean all aftermarket internals, tuning, fueling parts, etc would have to be redeveloped!!!! Which not many companies will want to do for a car with such low sales numbers!!! Why worry about gdi when its not necessary to get the power and fuel economy everyonr wants???

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Damn. 130lb increase on both cars? Fail. That would explain the lack of an appreciable mpg increase on the v6 from going gdi.
The car weight specs seem out of wack. I assume since they now give you two different #'s for each IE 3362-3492 the first number should be "dry" weight and the second is with all fluids installed. For the 2012's they only give one number ,which I assume is the standard "dry" weight that most manufacturers give. So the weight gain would be around 65lbs for the 2.0T (but they say the Man gained more weight than the Auto?) and for the 3.8 the Man gained 44 lbs and the Auto 86?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hid

3.8 Track get HIDs

Everyone else gets projectors.
Anyone know if you can get the HID's as an option???? I got them on my 2010 GT and love them. I won't buy a track to get them so just the headlights could make this my last Gen coupe.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Anyone know if you can get the HID's as an option???? I got them on my 2010 GT and love them. I won't buy a track to get them so just the headlights could make this my last Gen coupe.
Hyundai doesn't really have any "options" on the coupe aside from color, floor mats, ipod cable, and other accessories. If it's not available on a certain package, it's not available at all.

The car weight specs seem out of wack. I assume since they now give you two different #'s for each IE 3362-3492 the first number should be "dry" weight and the second is with all fluids installed. For the 2012's they only give one number ,which I assume is the standard "dry" weight that most manufacturers give. So the weight gain would be around 65lbs for the 2.0T (but they say the Man gained more weight than the Auto?) and for the 3.8 the Man gained 44 lbs and the Auto 86?
Good point. didn't think about that... Hopefully that's the case as a full 130lb increase would be rediculous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
interesting. if u run the comparison specs it shows 6MT/8AT in the premium trim...
Thats strange. On the brochure I have from the auto show it only shows the manual as an option on the standard and r-spec.

I just want to know why they cannot be GDI!!!
and I want to know if someone know if the r-spec coming for canada will be replacing the GT model or it will be like the U.S model??? because I want to know the price that going to be for the 2.0t r-spec in canada!!!

thanks all!!!.
I'm assuming the r-spec will replace the premium and the GT will be the same as the one in the U.S. Who knows about price but it better not be more then 2G extra.

·
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
829 Posts
that is bizarre...thanks for sharing. so based on your brochure your are limited to an AT when you get the premium and GT. don't quite understand the logic or marketing strategy behind that.

·
Registered
688 Posts
This is the sort of thing that tends to send a niche car like this down the toilet. They get weird trying to keep costs down, they do not sell, then the price gets too high, then it dies.

·
never use only drop once!
2,746 Posts
yeah, i've given up on the new body considering it will set back tuning on the 3.8 because of GDI and now that people (turbokits) are seriously pursuing forced induction... and also because i currently have a GT, because I wanted brown leather and didn't think brembos+LSD was going to cost $6k....wtf....and I wanted a nav....and now iirc you can't even get the nav in track models....plus I have back up sensors....which you don't get in the track model... etc etc etc....not really feelin hyundai's lack of options. IMO the track sells itself for LSD, brembos, and 19s....it's kind of retarded they wouldn't let you get brown seats in a track you HAD to go black carpet/black seats...now that you can get brown with 13, you can't get NAV or back up sensors in the track, and the GT no longer has HIDs....I've got everything sans wheels LSD and brembos....and since people keep wrecking and are swapping parts out now...it's not nearly as expensive to upgrade that stuff...

·
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
829 Posts
heh i feel ya...almost spining my head trying to figure out the differences, but from the brochure above the track should be everything the GT has but no backup sensors. i have a '10 GT and love the fact it came with nav and 2tone leather (and some other perks) but wished i had brembos, 19s and lsd. so now its seems like the '13 track is more what i want. now i'm just crossing my fingers that hyundai has refined its gdi tech to avoid oxide buildup.

random question tho, but does anything believe an aftermarket cbe for the '10-12 would fit in the '13?

·
Registered
557 Posts
That is a load of BS, if I want a fully loaded 2.0T with 3 pedals I cant? Thats just dumb...I hope Hyundai Canada leaves the trim levels as is. They are fine the way they are.

·
Registered
87 Posts
well...the new 2.0t premium seems to work for me...BUT I WANT HIDs, halogens are so old...and yellow....
its weird how only 1 model and NOT THE PREIMUM get HIDs. *sadface... and premium doesnt get leather seats?....*moresadface and no backup warning system?...
i didnt think this was necessary but now it seems like thats my only option. LOLOLOL

·
Registered
108 Posts
Damn. 130lb increase on both cars? Fail. That would explain the lack of an appreciable mpg increase on the v6 from going gdi.
Aside from the increased weight you'll notice Hyundai shortened the gearing for both the auto and manual for 2013 which will benefit acceleration, but of course it offsets any benefits of fuel economy they've dialed in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Aside from the increased weight you'll notice Hyundai shortened the gearing for both the auto and manual for 2013 which will benefit acceleration, but of course it offsets any benefits of fuel economy they've dialed in.
Are you sure about that? Gear ratio is already too short in my opinion!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are you sure about that? Gear ratio is already too short in my opinion!
According to the Hyundai site.

2012 2.0t Auto - 4.18:1 M/T - 3.91:1
2013 2.0t Auto - 4.18:1 M/T - 3.72:1

2012 3.8 Auto - 3.73:1 M/T - 3.54:1
2013 3.8 Auto - 4.18:1 M/T - 3.72:1

The 3.8 overall has shorter gears for both the auto and manual.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Don't panic guys. The track includes ALL grand touring features plus track feature.

You couldn't get a 2011 or 2012 grand touring or premium coupe in stick at all. Nothing's changed. Least not here in the US.

I'm bitter now r spec owners are losing out on puh button. But the standard 2.0 has it.

·
Banned
442 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted before or not, however here is a copy of the 2013 dealer sneak peak brochure.

This was taken from Sales Training Guide - which appears to be some type of dealer/sales associate training site. There's a TON of interactive videos, e-learnings, etc. for all Hyundai vehicles form 2010+newer.

You can even do the "STAR TEST", which apparently is required by Hyundai dealership employees, or something.

Lower right hand corner shows dealer availability for mid-February :)

http://spi6891.com/attachments/ProductIntro_2013_GenesisCoupe.pdf

·
211 Posts
Don't panic guys. The track includes ALL grand touring features plus track feature.

You couldn't get a 2011 or 2012 grand touring or premium coupe in stick at all. Nothing's changed. Least not here in the US.

I'm bitter now r spec owners are losing out on puh button. But the standard 2.0 has it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, same as before, r spec and standard are both key start.

221 - 240 of 2577 Posts