Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

2561 - 2577 of 2577 Posts

·
Severed member
1,595 Posts
Gaping spark plugs? Sorry dunno, please tell.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
-- This thread explains it, and it is long, but you can get the idea from just a few pages:

http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discussion-2008-2012/58215-what-your-factory-spark-plug-gap.html

For us 09-12 GCs the gap was .028 but specs call for .041. However, depending on your tune state, you will set the gap accordingly. Most of us tunes set the gap to about .030-0.35

This produces more spark, which more efficiently burns the fuel. too much gap will produce blow-out, and is not desirable.

Not sure if you '13s have the same issue, but almost all of us earlier years had the gap way too low from the factory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is waaay 205 at this point, but dayum. I'm winding up my research on new car negotiating, etc. to buy a 3.8 R-spec, and then figure out the cruise control issue. HFS! My beat-to-heck 99 Miata has it. This is 2013. It's a switch and unlocking software with the e-throttle. Five ounces at most on a 3400-lb car.

I probably used cruise control more times on my BMW when driving TO a race track than I ever did otherwise. I know where Hyundai's proving grounds are. You want a frickin' cruise control.

I really don't want to pay $4000 for a cruise control. I REALLY don't want a sunroof and a bunch of other ridiculous BS in order to have a cruise control.

I thought there was nothing wrong with the car. Turns out there is.

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
you're missing the concept of R-Spec... Aint like you cant just add CC anyways

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
R-Spec. Race Spec. All of the performance goodies, none of the rest. You're lucky you have A/C lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
It is what it is. Write a letter to the engineers, make it sweet and to the point addressing your desires as a consumer. Don't send a hate letter with demands. You'll catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My R-Spec has cruise control, 2015.

2561 - 2577 of 2577 Posts