Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

261 - 280 of 2577 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
i think the trim for Canada is gonna be different, since they were for '10-'12.

2.0T Base-MT/AT
2.0T Premium-MT/AT
2.0T GT-MT
3.8 Base-MT/AT
3.8 GT-MT/AT

Why can't they just keep it the same...

Oh, btw, are the release time the same for Canada and US? or theres a delay for Canada...if so anyone can guess how long? based on the 1st model.

·
Registered
557 Posts
i think the trim for Canada is gonna be different, since they were for '10-'12.

2.0T Base-MT/AT
2.0T Premium-MT/AT
2.0T GT-MT
3.8 Base-MT/AT
3.8 GT-MT/AT

Why can't they just keep it the same...

Oh, btw, are the release time the same for Canada and US? or theres a delay for Canada...if so anyone can guess how long? based on the 1st model.
+10000

Just leave it be....the trims are perfect the way they are. I wouldnt mind dropping down to the 2.0T GT/MT with the new power gains.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
so will there be no 2.0 track version? I really want the 19 inch rims with the spoiler only thing is I want an automatic :/
There hasn't been a 2.0T track since the first year. There was also never a 2.0T track automatic. All the options are laid out in the brouchure posted a few pages back. Basically Hyundai is still screwing the 2.0T guys and making you get a 3.8 if you want ALL the options. I only paid 24.5K for my 2.0T Track. Looks like that was a once in a lifetime deal for me. Even if the new bumper wasn't ugly I'd still probably skip a new one since you still can't get a 2.0t track. Unless we see a V8 or boosted V6 in 2015 this will be my last GC.

·
Registered
48 Posts
for 2013 there is going to be a R-Spec model in canada.Not Track but R-spec.
I think that is going to be below the premium trim like the u.s.
they say in the brochure that theres a new line up coming for canada that was called R-Spec and the model does have a limited slip differential,19inch,Leather,Brembo,track tuned suspension.!!!

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
It does look better without those tacky ass fog lights, that's for sure. Big change since the 10-12 looks kinda plain without the fogs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was fine with no DRL's but after seeing those pictures i don't like those HUGE voids where the fogs and DRL's would go.

Also, does anyone know if that front "fascia" bumper thing is matte black or glossy? I want to get mine in black and feel like it would blend it better if it was glossy and not flat. In some pictures it looks glossy and in some flat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
these are the first picture I get for the new gen!!! So I don`t know if they are coming with fogs or not!!! I better like with no FOG and with no usable DLR!!! that`s my choice and I will like that the R-spec will have nothing to make it heavier!!!!

sorry for my bad english! i`m french.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Right, three options really.

1. KDM HID housings, or USDM track housings, plus the correct ballasts and bulbs. No self leveling, but that might be doable if you get the parts for it.

2. Retrofit xenon projectors and a HID kit.

3. The band-aid cheap drop in HID kits.

From what I can see, headlights, hood, and bumper from the previous model might swap over. Can't tell until someone tries it though and sees if the mounts the same. Who knows, there might be someone with an older model that wants the new look. :dunno:
This is for converting from the current front end to the new one (why anyone would want to do that is beyond me) but it will give you an idea of parts required and rough price.
http://www.gencoupe.com/vendor-classifieds-exterior/86710-sfr-gauging-interests-2013-fl-front-end-conversion.html

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Well, at least we know it's doable now. If we can go old to new, then they should be able to go new to old as well.

261 - 280 of 2577 Posts