Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

341 - 360 of 2577 Posts

·
I am the Evil Bastard
27 Posts
if it indeed true that yet again a 2.0 Track will be omitted, i believe I will purchase elsewhere. Its funny. Hyundai looks to be the only car maker that lets you choose go fast parts or luxury. Not both. even VW lets you add luxury to a damn golf. good luck getting screwed on options there.

·
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
829 Posts
@BKED and Suns_PSD
agree with both of you...and you have some great points.

most people fail to see the "whole concept" of mass production and hyundai being able to afford making the GC period. i've noticed a lot of people in this forum are very particular, which is usually justified. but to literally break down each component in a car and try to do the math on the '13 without knowing exact pricing seems a little presumptuous. also, some people are failing to recognize that one of hyundai's leading claims is their warranty. for those who are gonna mod, trick out, rebuild, upgrade, whatev...go for it on an r-spec and avoid the loss on what could have been an additional $10k's worth of warranty. i shopped for the G37 and 370Z while looking at the GC and it was amazing how much more bang for my buck i was getting with a GC. it was almost a no brainer for me even tho i loved driving the Z. but again, we all have different budgets, prefs in accessories, color, engine, blah blah blah...so people need to realize there isn't any perfect trim out there for everyone and there has to be some legitmate reasons with this 'refresh' :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
@BKED and Suns_PSD
agree with both of you...and you have some great points.

most people fail to see the "whole concept" of mass production and hyundai being able to afford making the GC period. i've noticed a lot of people in this forum are very particular, which is usually justified. but to literally break down each component in a car and try to do the math on the '13 without knowing exact pricing seems a little presumptuous. also, some people are failing to recognize that one of hyundai's leading claims is their warranty. for those who are gonna mod, trick out, rebuild, upgrade, whatev...go for it on an r-spec and avoid the loss on what could have been an additional $10k's worth of warranty. i shopped for the G37 and 370Z while looking at the GC and it was amazing how much more bang for my buck i was getting with a GC. it was almost a no brainer for me even tho i loved driving the Z. but again, we all have different budgets, prefs in accessories, color, engine, blah blah blah...so people need to realize there isn't any perfect trim out there for everyone and there has to be some legitmate reasons with this 'refresh' :D
Except we really aren't being that particular. We just want the option of a manual 2.0T that isn't completely bare. They did it in 2010, they're probably going to do it Canada, they could absolutely do it here and now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
God I hate the styling of the 13. Mainly just the front bumper it's awful. The interior is nice as hell though!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wondering if any of the interior bits will retrofit onto the older gens such as the new seat belt anchors

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
From what I've seen in the past Canada usually gets a few more "standard" features than the US. I guess that's because they feel so bad about charging us so much more. :squint:

·
Registered
176 Posts
i'm just wondering what the aftermarket lag time will be on the '13??? i like the new specs... the front end is killing it tho. but, with the right valence, it could be ok. that, and the twin scroll... how will that affect the aftermarket R&D time?

·
Seattle Bound
1 Posts
Still waiting to see the price points offered. Starting to like the '13 model the more I see it (interior and engine!!) so if its low enough I'll jump on a '13 base 2.0t, but if I can get a much better deal then I might still go for a '12.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Except we really aren't being that particular. We just want the option of a manual 2.0T that isn't completely bare. They did it in 2010, they're probably going to do it Canada, they could absolutely do it here and now.
I just want a 2.0t R-Spec WITH Cruise Control....why is that too much to ask for?

·
Registered
176 Posts
stopped by the local dealer today, checked out a couple '12 models they had, then started to see if i could poke for info about the '13...

sales man was being up front, said they honestly hadn't heard anything specific yet on release (which i believe him), then the sales manager say he'd heard Q3 this year (september +).... which i didnt believe, cuz he was trying to talk me into walking out of there with a '12 today.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well the way i see it. If they are running a super bowl commercial on it they better have it available pretty damn soon after.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I want an r spec with cruise control to. But let's stop fighting over the trims. There the same as before. Let's cross our fingers they will be dropping mid march.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I was looking through the pics of the 2013 GC on the Hyundai USA site.
Still not feeling the front end but I actually think it looks downright good in black. Maybe its just these images but the car actually looks hot in these.

I'd like to get rid of the stupid fake hood scoops and the econobox looking Hyundai emblem and chrome crap near the nose. I avoid black cars because they're a pain to keep clean but I think this is the only color that looks good on this new front end. Hopefully there are good after market options to sexify the front lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've made my mind up, I'm going to get one, I can forgive the nose.

But how long do I have to wait? Arrrgghhhhhhhhh !!

341 - 360 of 2577 Posts