Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

361 - 380 of 2577 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah. I think im going to go for 2.0t premium. I don't like the spoiler and hopefully the 18's won't look too bad. Now I just want to see the price information. Hoping they release this thing soon. You guys think they will release any more info at the Chicago Auto Show ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
i'm going to take a guess and say that the release date will be soon... seeing as how they will be running a commercial during the super bowl

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is listed under "Production Debuts" on the Chicago auto show site.

2013 HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE: A significantly redesigned 2013 Genesis Coupe is one of the exciting new vehicles on display in the Hyundai exhibit at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show. Fresh styling cues include a new front fascia, grille, headlight and fog lights, hood design, LED-enhanced taillights, plus 18- and 19-inch wheels. Backing up the more aggressive styling, both the four-cylinder and V6 engines benefit from significant technology enhancements. The 3.8-liter V6 receives sophisticated direct-injection technology for 348 horsepower and 295 lb. ft. of torque. With new, more precise twin-scroll turbocharger and larger intercooler, the 2.0-liter turbocharged I4 sets free 271hp and 275 lb. ft. of torque. Delivering all that performance to the rear wheels is the six-speed manual gearbox or new automatic transmission with eight-speeds and paddle-shift SHIFTRONIC manual-shifting capability. Hyundai’s proprietary telematics platform, Blue Link, is now available, providing Genesis Coupe owners with a variety of infotainment services to meet their individual connectivity needs. Visit the official site for more information

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles_on_display/detail.aspx?VehicleId=1025

·
Registered
108 Posts
According to a few people here the media drive event is scheduled sometime later this month. If that's the case we'll likely know for sure in the next 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did anyone see the Canadian commerical during the superbowl for the genesis coupe? It was the one where it drives by a Sasquatch. Coupe looks good without a spoiler :D

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
does anyone have links/pics to ALL the 2013 gen colors?
No, but if you go to the Korean site they have a 360 view that shows all of the colors. Just be prepared to let the site load for ten to fifteen minutes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Went to the DC auto show this past weekend and saw the new genesis coupe on display. Of course the car was closed so you could not sit inside of it which was a let-down. However right next to the new model was the old design car. And after spending time walking around and looking at both vehicles, the design of the first generation genesis coupe is much better in my opinion.

First of all the fake vents in the hood. What is the point of them?
Secondly I do like the fact that the tail lights are now led however they are no longer smooth with the body but are bulgy. Same goes with the headlights.
Thirdly the front bumper is just odd I think. The front end now has too much going on with the design. It works on the Veloster but on the genesis coupe it just does not flow.
Fourthly I do like the gauges in the center console even though I do not care about an mpg gauge. And if the 2.0t comes with a torque gauge instead of a boost gauge, well that is just dumb.

Basically the only thing I like about the new genesis coupe is the power increase. Otherwise I prefer the older generation. It is not worth me trading my 2011 coupe in though for the new model.

My rant///.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm sure there's nothing "official" yet, but is there a guesstimate on when the 2013 Genesis Coupe will actually be available to drive off the lot in American dealerships?

I'm guessing "between 1 and 11 months from now," but is there anything more specific than that?

I'm kind of annoyed by the changes to the 2013, because I want to buy a Genesis Coupe soon, and my dealer can't seem to get their hands on the 2012 model and color that I want. And in some ways (more horsepower, some nice gadgetry) I'd like to wait for the 2013, but in others (I agree with R-SpecGen's rant) I kinda hate the new styling. I guess the front end looks OK... sort of. But only in the sense of the old Henry Ford quote: "Looks OK in any color, as long as it's black or grey."

·
Registered
176 Posts
wondering if anyone has seen anything from korea, or has a guesstimate as to what the 2.0 and 3.8 will actually put down on the dyno stock?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
More like 230 and 290

·
Registered
39 Posts
wondering if anyone has seen anything from korea, or has a guesstimate as to what the 2.0 and 3.8 will actually put down on the dyno stock?
Well for the 2.0t its supposed to be what is in the sonata turbo now and it was dynoing for 239lb/f at 3500rpm and 234hp at 6100RPM.

Now from what ive seen as of now its better to get the 2.0T and upgrade if you are looking to mod...Anyone have any guesses if its going to remain that way with the twin scroll turbo?

·
Registered
124 Posts
^ and the sonata is auto so there's more loss...the stick will certainly dyno higher than 230.

Sent from God

361 - 380 of 2577 Posts