Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

441 - 460 of 2577 Posts

·
Mea Gloria Fidelis
34 Posts
Here's a question: would you either trade in your current GC and use $10,000 to pay off the remainder on the new car, or take that $10,000 and use it to modify your current GC? (and that's based on the random assumptions that you could get around 15K for your current GC and the new one runs between $25-30,000).

Go!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I first saw the 2010 genesis coupe it was from the rear and I thought it was a sexy car. Then I looked at it from the side and thought it was an even sexier car. Then i saw it front and was like..... whats with that ugly black plastic! Not bad, but definitely not up to the standard of the rest of the car. It took me a long time to look at the old genesis coupe front end and not think of it as an eyesore, but eventually I got used to it.

Then the 2013 genesis coupe pictures were released and I thought Hyundai ruined the front end of the car because I've been so accustomed to seeing the old front end. The more I look at the 2013 genesis coupe, the more i get used to seeing this new front end. It's come to the point where I actually prefer the new genesis coupe front end to the old now. I think it's all just a matter of what you're accustomed to looking at. Once you get over the shock of it looking completely different, you'll learn to love it. Can anyone say they instantly fell in love with the old front end when they first saw it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I first saw the 2010 genesis coupe it was from the rear and I thought it was a sexy car. Then I looked at it from the side and thought it was an even sexier car. Then i saw it front and was like..... whats with that ugly black plastic! Not bad, but definitely not up to the standard of the rest of the car. It took me a long time to look at the old genesis coupe front end and not think of it as an eyesore, but eventually I got used to it.

Then the 2013 genesis coupe pictures were released and I thought Hyundai ruined the front end of the car because I've been so accustomed to seeing the old front end. The more I look at the 2013 genesis coupe, the more i get used to seeing this new front end. It's come to the point where I actually prefer the new genesis coupe front end to the old now. I think it's all just a matter of what you're accustomed to looking at. Once you get over the shock of it looking completely different, you'll learn to love it. Can anyone say they instantly fell in love with the old front end when they first saw it?

I agree with this. When BMW released the E90/E92 3 series, people complained day and night what an eyesore it was and how much of a pig it was, but soon after it came out, people got used to it and grew to like it and now no one complains. I have a feeling it will be similar for the 2013 GC.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Exactly the same think happened to me Chr.
I would be all over the current model but i dont like the front end. The 2013 has grown on me for sure.

Thanks for backing me up CrookedH. I'm glad someone around here can read. I guess im not a big fan of people ricing cars out. Feel like they should just stick to civics if they are going to do it.

·
Kawasexi ZXSexR Rider
170 Posts
Exactly the same think happened to me Chr.
I would be all over the current model but i dont like the front end. The 2013 has grown on me for sure.

Thanks for backing me up CrookedH. I'm glad someone around here can read. I guess im not a big fan of people ricing cars out. Feel like they should just stick to civics if they are going to do it.
I thought he mentioned that he did not agree with you about gold rims = rice.:dunno:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah but atleast he understood my point about completing the rice look with a civic and not a GC. I'm sure he would agree that its still more on the rice side then anything. Whens the last time you saw a beamer or merc with gold rims. Just my 2 cents though

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I know I'm late to the party here, but I'm SERIOUSLY considering trading in my 2010 track for a new 2013 2.0...I'm just too jealous of the 50 hp bump.
It's actually about 65hp for a stock car. I'm wondering if it will be worth it or even noticeably faster than my flashed car with an intake though? I'm estimating my car is around 240hp/290tq so I'd only be picking up about 35hp, but losing about 20ft/lbs. Of course that's comparing a slightly modified car to stock and similar mods to the new one should give it around 300hp/300tq if not a little more.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Actually no he didn't. If you could comprehend what he wrote, he basically said if you're going to get a white GC and put gold rims on it, you might as well get a Civic to complete the ricer look. Can't say I agree with gold rims being riced out, but you really have a serious lack of reading comprehension.

Hell, he was even agreeing that nobody should confuse the elantra and GC.

Read slower, think, and be able to admit when you're wrong.
Take of the cape, he was back pedalling. If thats the case every car on this site or otherwise with rims and a drop meets the "civic ricer look".

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just saying, not everyone has a bunch of friends that are experts on car designs. The fact of the matter is that the two cars share design elements and for someone who pays little attention to cars and just has an idea of the general design scheme can easily mix them up.

Also, I mix up GCs and G37s, 3 and 5 series BMWs, A6s and A8s, Altimas and Maximas, every Aston Martin, and plenty more on a regular basis, I often have to get close to tell which one it is.
See this is my point your narrowing the field of people who will mix up this car with an Elantra Coupe. What does the GC and EC share in common? A similar design theme for the grill and two doors. Now if somebody knows EXACTLY what an ELANTRA COUPE is....they arent going to mix it up with a GC. For the very fact that they know what an ELANTRA COUPE is. In order to know what an Elantra Coupe is...you would have had to have seen and inquired about it...if you have this level of knowledge about the Elantra Coupe your not going to confuse it with an Genesis Coupe. The Current gen GC and Elantra share similar design motifs for the grill and nobody mixes them up.

Nobody sane is mixing these two cars up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any Genesis owners here had their car rebranded with the Genesis Flying Wing in place of the Flying H? Any pics? Was this a dealer installed option?
For some dealers they offer that, overpriced though. You can get it for around 100 bucks from Mike at IS. As of pics go to the gallery option,

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
No one has gone to the Chicago Auto Show to see if they announced the pricing and release date?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Usually the only people who don't like restyled cars are owners of the previous generation and the general public doesn't know/care about the GC in the first place.

I think it's a good evolution of the car, the only thing I dont like are the (apparently) nonfunctional hood scoops. I don't think they look bad, but I prefer when cars are formed from function.

441 - 460 of 2577 Posts