Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

The FINAL Official 2013 Genesis Coupe Thread

478K views 3K replies 362 participants last post by  westjensontexas 
#1 · (Edited)
No news on price yet! Nor do we have an ETA for that announcement.

Please help us keep this thread clean by keeping on topic as much as possible. If you want to go way off topic, use the old one. Please refrain from commenting that other people are posting things that have already been posted (looks, power, etc.) If they are commenting on the vehicle they are on topic, and the post you just made is not! We will try to keep this first post up to date with any new information as it comes out.

Please use the link below for comparison discussion between this and other vehicles!
2013 Genesis Coupe vs competiton - Comparison thread

Official Hyundai site: http://www.hyundainews.com/us/en-us/2013/Genesis-Coupe/Highlights.aspx

Since we finally have information revealed from the auto show, here's the press release. As we get more information, pictures of new colors, etc, feel free to add them.

2013 GENESIS COUPE REVEALS MORE AGGRESSIVE DESIGN COUPLED WITH SERIOUS PERFORMANCE CREDENTIALS

Hyundai's Rear-drive Sport Coupe Receives More Powerful Powertrain Technologies, More Aggressive Design, Upscale Interior Refinement and Blue Link® Telematics

DETROIT, Jan. 9, 2012– Hyundai Motor America today introduced the significantly redesigned 2013 Genesis Coupe in a North American debut at the Detroit North American International Auto Show. In keeping with impressive performance upgrades, Genesis Coupe now sports more aggressive coupe styling, complemented by improved interior materials and design. Both 4-cylinder and V6 engines benefit from significant technology enhancements, with the 3.8-liter V6 engine receiving sophisticated direct-injection technology and the 2.0-liter turbocharged engine upgrading to a more precise twin-scroll turbocharger and larger intercooler. Automatic transmissions for these two models now have 8-speeds, with paddle-shift SHIFTRONIC® manual-shifting capability. Hyundai's proprietary telematics platform, Blue Link®, is now available, providing Genesis Coupe owners with a variety of infotainment services to meet their individual connectivity needs.

HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2013 GENESIS COUPE
• Refreshed, more aggressive exterior design
o New front fascia, grille, headlight, fog light, hood designs
o New 18- and 19-inch wheel
o New LED-enhanced taillight design
o Available LED daytime running lights (DRLs)
• 3.8-liter V6 engine receives direct-injection technology
o 348 horsepower, 295 lb.-ft. torque (rating with premium fuel)
o Improved fuel economy for both transmissions
• 18 city/28 highway – 8-speed A/T
• 18 city/27 highway – 6-speed M/T
• 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine receives new twin-scroll turbocharger and larger, more thermally-efficient intercooler
o 274 horsepower, 275 lb.-ft. torque (rating with premium fuel)
o Improved fuel economy for A/T
• 20 city/31 highway – 8-speed A/T
• 21 city/30 highway – 6-speed M/T
• New, in-house-developed 8-speed automatic transmissions
o Paddle-shift SHIFTRONIC® capability
• New, retuned low-velocity-control suspension dampers
• Blue Link® telematics available on 3.8 Grand Touring/Track and 2.0T Premium
• Electroluminescent gauge cluster with information display
• Telescopic steering wheel (added to tilt function)
• Driver seat power lumbar adjustment
• Redesigned center stack appearance and gauges
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Teaser Video - Debuting at the North American International Auto Show - YouTube

Source for pics: Automobile Magazine

See less See more
#475 ·
love the how they mounted the BOV .. now we'll be able to run aftermarket turbo without other people knowing it :p

#476 ·
After seeing the 2013 in person at the Auto Show today, I am definitely glad I bought the 2012. The interior is nice, but the front is just plain hideous, even in person.

#477 ·
I don't know I'm still hanging on until I get to see the 2013 in person next week. The big power upgrades, transmission upgrades, slight fuel economy and material upgrades, tilt and telescoping wheel, stability control with a 3rd setting that is intermediate between off and on is all too much to pass up. I think I'm starting to prefer the new look :gc-wmscared0016: I'll find out next week when it comes to Toronto.

#483 ·
It's "damning with faint praise," but based on pictures at least, I'm seeing a couple mitigating factors about the front end:
1. It looks less bad if the car's black or grey, because then the colors sort of match. And it seems like Hyundai realizes this, since so many of the advertising/promotional/display cars seem to be in those colors.
2. The front license plate actually makes it look a little less bad. Not GOOD exactly, but "Well, the state says you gotta have a license plate there, what are ya gonna do?" The plate makes it look like the state's making the front end look bad, not that Hyundai's design is doing that.

I think I'm actually becoming more annoyed with the fake cosmetic vent-things on the hood (they are purely cosmetic, right?) than anything else.

#484 ·
It's "damning with faint praise," but based on pictures at least, I'm seeing a couple mitigating factors about the front end:
1. It looks less bad if the car's black or grey, because then the colors sort of match. And it seems like Hyundai realizes this, since so many of the advertising/promotional/display cars seem to be in those colors.
A lot of vehicles are promoted in gray, and I have only seen a couple pics of it in black compared to other colors.

#485 ·
I wish they'd bring back a track package for the 2.0T. Having either the R-Spec or the Premium seems like a bit of a rip-off...

#492 ·
Ill look but i dont thinl so...my buddy is going this weekend ill have him snap some

#491 ·
So earlier today I emailed several dealerships in the area asking about 2013 availability and, as you might expect, got a variety of different answers ranging from "still a few months out to mid next month to ETA unknown" lol. Anyways, one of the dealerships quoted me some pretty hefty discounts on the remaining 2011's at $1500 below invoice and $1000 below invoice for the 2012's. Needless to say if you're one of those that's partial to the current design now is the time to buy. :)

#494 ·
It's not.

At the $30k level DCT/Manual are pretty even. I have the DSG in my Jetta 2.0T (the sporty shifts are fun, and I like just having it in "d" on my way to work).

Hopefully with the traditional auto in the GC they make the shifts more sporty and with the extra 2 speeds the mpgs get up there. Should be fun.

#509 ·
Hopefully that will happen. I am looking at trying to get one in May/June. A GC for me is a want and not a need so I can wait as long as needed for the right deal.

#510 ·
March is about right, we should start getting allocations soon. I don't have the drop down box to search for them yet but I do on the 2012 Azera. We just received the pricing this morning on both of those vehicles. Noticed I blurred out a lot of info on the pic lol

And Gary, I can guarantee they'll go for retail for quite sometime. Keep in mind there were $1500 rebates available when you bought your premium. That's how you got that low of a price. I should've just left the invoices on there so people could see how much actual markup there is. There's almost no markup

#514 ·
He said there is almost no markup which I think means that the $1800 is reflected on the invoice as well. So the difference between invoice and MSRP is nearly identical to the current car.

Anyway, with a price increase of that much for a mid cycle refresh the 2013 better be a solid improvement over the current car. If not then I'm picking up a BRZ.

#520 ·
Overview

Hyundai Motor America is pleased to introduce the significantly redesigned 2013MY Genesis Coupe. In keeping with impressive performance upgrades, Genesis Coupe now sports more aggressive coupe styling, complemented by improved interior materials and design. The refreshed Genesis Coupe strikes a more menacing demeanor, with an aggressively redesigned front fascia, grille, headlights, LED daytime running lights, fog lights and hood with heat extractor cues. The side view reveals new, aggressive 18- and 19-inch alloy wheel designs with deeper dimensional sculpting. Finally, the rear taillights provide a visual spark via premium LED illumination and new contours. The 2013 Genesis Coupe interior has been enhanced with distinctive, upscale features and design cues. The instrument panel crash pad features a stitched-seam appearance for a distinctly upscale look, and the parking brake lever is leather-wrapped on leather-equipped models. The instrument cluster now features an electroluminescent gauge cluster for premium ambience and superior readability.

Both 4-cylinder and V6 engines benefit from significant technology enhancements. The 3.8-liter Lambda DOHC V6 engine adds sophisticated direct-injection technology, adding 42 horsepower (a generous 14 percent increase) and 29 lb.-ft of torque (an eleven percent increase). Peak horsepower rises to 348 at 6,400 RPM, with peak torque increasing to 295 lb.-ft. at 5,300 RPM on premium fuel. In addition, lambda-engine anti-knock technology gives this V6 the versatility to run on regular fuel, delivering 344 horsepower at 6,400 RPM and 292 lb.-ft of torque at 5,300 RPM.

Not to be outdone by its bigger brother, the turbocharged, intercooled 2.0-liter DOHC inline four-cylinder substitutes a new twin-scroll design for its turbocharger in addition to a larger intercooler with enhanced thermal efficiency. The 2.0-liter turbo now generates 274 horsepower (a massive 30 percent increase) and 275 lb.-ft. of torque (an impressive 23 percent increase) on premium fuel. And, unlike many competitive turbo engines, this turbo’s anti-knock sensors automatically adjust ignition timing and engine mapping to run perfectly on regular fuel, yielding 260 horsepower at 6,000 RPM and 260 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,000 RPM. Automatic transmissions for these two models now have 8-speeds, with paddle-shift SHIFTRONIC® manual-shifting capability.

No well-tuned sport coupe chassis should give the perception of being overwhelmed by its powertrain, and Genesis Coupe is no exception to this rule. Spring, damper, and bushing ratings all have been precisely recalibrated to match these new powertrains with better road feel, more precise body motion control and improved ride comfort.

Hyundai’s proprietary telematics platform, Blue Link®, is now available, providing Genesis Coupe owners with a variety of infotainment services to meet their individual connectivity needs.

GENESIS COUPE HIGHLIGHTS

· Refreshed, more aggressive exterior design with new front fascia, grille, headlight, fog light, hood designs, available LED daytime running lights (DRLs), new LED-enhanced taillight design, new 18- and 19-inch wheels

· New GDI 3.8-liter V6 producing 348 horsepower, 295 lb.-ft. torque (premium fuel)and 344 horsepower, 292 lb.-ft. torque (regular fuel)

· 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine receives new twin-scroll turbocharger and larger, more thermally-efficient intercooler 274 horsepower, 275 lb.-ft. torque (premium fuel)and 260 horsepower, 260 lb.-ft. torque (regular fuel)

· New, in-house-developed 8-speed automatic transmissions with Paddle-shift SHIFTRONIC® capability

· New, retuned low-velocity-control suspension dampers

· Redesigned center stack appearance with premium stitching on upper instrument panel, armrest and center console cover

· Electroluminescent gauge cluster with information display

· Telescopic steering wheel (added to tilt function)

· New 7” Navigation System, HD Radio®, Blue Link® telematics available on 3.8 Grand Touring/Track and 2.0T Premium

· Driver seat power lumbar adjustment available on 3.8 Grand Touring/Track and 2.0T Premium

Standard and Optional Features

2.0T

The Genesis Coupe 2.0T MSRP is priced at $24,250, excluding $875 freight, and includes the following standard features:

· 2.0L Turbo with 274/260 horsepower (premium/regular fuel)

· 6-speed manual transmission

· 18-inch alloy wheels with all-season tires

· LED taillights

· Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control

· Anti-locking Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist

· 6 airbags: Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System (OCS), front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side-curtain airbags

· Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

· Electroluminescent gauges

· Active front head restraints

· Remote keyless entry system w/alarm

· Multi-gauge analog cluster

· Manual air conditioning w/ outside temperature display

· AM/FM/Sirius XM/CD/MP3 audio system with 6 speakers

· Metalgrain and chrome interior accents

· iPod®/USB and MP3 aux input jacks

· Sport-tuned suspension with front strut brace

· Black cloth seats with front seatbelt guides and seatback pockets

· Leather-wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel and shift knob

· Power windows, door locks and outside mirrors

· Steering-wheel-mounted cruise control and audio controls

· Auto light control

· Bluetooth® hands-free connectivity

· Solar glass

2.0T Option

8-speed automatic with paddle-shifters ($1,250 MSRP)

2.0T R-Spec

Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec is priced at $26,500, excluding $875 freight, and offers all the features of the 2.0T trim plus the following:

· 19-inch alloy wheels with summer tires (not for use in snow/ice)

· Brembo® braking system

· Track-tuned suspension

· Limited-slip differential

· Red leather bolster / red cloth insert seats

· R-Spec badge

· Front camber adjustment bolt (dealer installation required)

· DELETES: Auto light control

· DELETES: Cruise control

· DELETES: Metalgrain and chrome interior accents

2.0T Premium

The Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium starts at $28,750, excluding $875 freight, and offers all the features of the 2.0T trim plus the following:

· 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle-shifters

· Gray leather bolster / gray cloth insert seats

· Power driver’s seat with power lumbar

· Navigation system with 7” touchscreen/XM NavTraffic® (90-day trial)

· Blue Link® Hyundai Telematics

· Infinity® AM/FM/SiriusXM/HD Radio®/CD/MP3 Premium audio system w/ subwoofer and external amplifier (10-speakers)

· Proximity Key with push-button start

· Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® and compass

· Power tilt-and-slide glass sunroof

· Fully-automatic temperature control (FATC)

Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

The Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec is priced at $28,750, excluding $875 freight, and offers the following standard features:

· 3.8L V6 with 348/344 horsepower (premium/regular fuel)

· 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission

· LED taillights

· Brembo® braking system

· Track-tuned suspension

· Red leather bolster / red cloth insert seats with front seatbelt guides and seatback pockets

· R-Spec badge

· Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

· Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control

· Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)& Brake Assist

· 6 airbags: Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System (OCS), front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side-curtain airbags

· Active front head restraints

· Electroluminescent gauges

· Multi-gauge analog cluster

· Remote keyless entry system

· Fog Lights

· Leather-wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel and shift knob

· AM/FM/SiriusXM/CD/MP3 audio system w/6 Speakers

· iPod®/USB and MP3 aux input jacks

· Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls

· Bluetooth® hands-free phone system

· Manual air conditioning w/ outside temperature display

· Power windows, door locks and outside mirrors

· Solar glass

3.8 Grand Touring

Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring is priced at $32,000, excluding $875 freight, and offers all the features of the 3.8 R-Spec trim plus the following:

· 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle-shifters

· Unique black or tan leather seating surfaces

· Sport-tuned suspension with front strut brace

· 18-inch alloy wheels with all-season tires

· Fully-automatic temperature control (FATC)

· Power driver’s seat with power lumbar

· Two-stage heated front seats

· Illuminated door sill plates

· Infinity® AM/FM/SiriusXM/HD Radio®/CD/MP3 Premium audio system w/ subwoofer and external amplifier (10-speakers)

· Navigation system with 7” touchscreen/XM NavTraffic® (90-day trial)

· Blue Link® Hyundai Telematics

· Proximity Key with push-button start

· Backup warning system

· Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® and compass

· LED daytime running lights

· Dual power heated bodycolor mirrors with turn signal indicators

· Power tilt-and-slide glass sunroof

· Auto light control/cruise control

· Metalgrain and chrome interior accents

· DELETES: 19-inch alloy wheels with summer tires

· DELETES: Brembo® braking system

· DELETES: Limited-slip differential

· DELETES: R-Spec badge

· DELETES: Front camber adjustment bolt

· DELETES: Track-tuned suspension

3.8 Track

The Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track is priced at $33,000, excluding $875 freight, and offers all the features of the 3.8 Grand Touring plus the following:

· Black leather seating surfaces

· Brembo® braking system

· Track-tuned suspension

· Xenon HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights

· Aluminum pedals

· Aero wiper blades

· Rear spoiler

· DELETES: Backup warning system

3.8 Track Option

8-speed automatic with paddle-shifters ($1,250 MSRP)

And here's the new screen capture:

#521 · (Edited)
There is no comparison for the power and price and equipment of the new 2.0. They cut out the TRACK model so there is a bigger reason to jump to the 3.8. I see no reason why any car today would not come with cruise which is a killer for the R-spec.

The price for the 3.8 is an entirely different problem. For those prices there are CERTAINLY better buys.

The new BRZ and twins are not comparable. Sure they are RWD and lighter weight but the rear seat is not fit for human use. So much less practical and more niche focused with SIGNIFICANTLY less power. I get less power, less weight, but the times I am seeing are very slow. If you want to track the car, it would be the way to go, for a fun DAILY keep with the GC. It will seem quicker on the street for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.